Will Fillers Such As Juvederm or Perlane Exacerbate Cystic Acne Prone Skin?

Will fillers such as Juvederm or Perlane exacerbate cystic acne prone skin?  What should I do if a cyst develops?

Fillers

+2

I would not typically expect the use of soft tisse fillers, such as Juvederm, to promote or exacerbate acne.  If you do have cystic acne, ask your physician about a medically based skin care program to help control and reduce outbreaks.

Akron Plastic Surgeon

I have not seen cystic acne exacerbated by the use of...

+2

I have not seen cystic acne exacerbated by the use of fillers.  If a cystic acne cyst develops, treat it as you do other acne cysts.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

I have not seen acne exacerbated by fillers

+1

If you develop a painful bump after injections, it might be infected filler (this is rare as well). Have your doctor look at it, and my bet is that it is treated as your other acne is.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Not LIkely

+1

I am not aware of any link to increased acne.

If this is a concern for you, you may want to try a test area: have the doctor inject the filler in an out of the way place, like in the sideburn area.  If you experience no problem, go for it.

Scott E. Kasden, MD