Juvederm Ultra vs. Ultra Plus

What is Juvederm Ultra used for? How is this different from other types of Juvederm, like Ultra Plus - do they treat different things?

Juvederm Ultra vs Ultra Plus

The difference in Juvederm Ultra and Ultra plus is mostly consistency.  Juvederm ultra is thin and less viscous, thus appropriate for injection intradermally to address fine wrinkles and scars.  In my practice I rarely use Ultra and much prefer Ultra plus for many reasons.  For volume fill of the lips and reshaping the face, which is most of what I do with Juvederm, Ultra plus provides more dramatic results and lasts much longer.  These products get very expensive and I feel that out of all the HA products that I have used Juvederm Ultra Plus gives the most bang for the buck for my patients.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.