Why Did my Juvederm Results Disappear After One Day?

I had a juvederm treatment yesterday afternoon (nasolabial lines). By evening, the results were remarkable. This morning, however, the deep creases were back (from sleeping?) and looks almost exact to my before photo. Is this normal or will the lines fill back in with time? It's very disappointing...

Juvederm Results

+1

Typically, swelling sets in immediately after treatment and subsides so the change you noted may simply be the swelling. If the results disappeared that quickly, you either were injected with too small a quantity to create a significant improvement, or the injection was performed with improper technique. Contact the injector to request that they see you. Experienced and expert injectors will consistently provide you with better results.

Juvederm

+1

Generally after filler treatment, you will experience swelling which will settle down.  However, it sounds like you were undertreated and thus did not achieve full correction.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you deisre.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Undercorrection using Juvederm may result in underwhelming results

+1

Very disappointing indeed as these treatments come with a financial investment in your appearance. We agree that the lack of results may be from not using the the correct amount of product or poor technique. Most people with very noticeable laugh lines (naslolabial folds) may benefit from 2 syringes of product for opitimal results. If an incorrect amount of product is used to stay within a budget, the results will be disappointing and a waste of time and money.

In the second scenario, it the product was not properly placed and had moved out of the intended area of treatment, the results will be lost.

Always report concerns immediately to your practitioner for an opportunity to offer a remedy or explanation.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Maximizing Juvederm results

+1

Thanks for your question -

Many times appearance of Juvederm or other fillers is dependent on good technique. Injecting the filler too deeply can make improvements seem fleeting.

Call your physician and discuss your concerns and always use board certified Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists or Facial Plastic Surgeons.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Juvederm and results

+1

Initially you may have noticed some swelling that has since subsided a bit. If you did not get the result you expected or need more filler than go back to your doctor and discuss it.  It sounds like you desire more.