Can I Damage my Nose 8 Years After Rhinoplasty if I Got the Inside of my Nostrils Waxed?

I got the inside of my nostrils waxed two days ago and the tip of my nose is a little numb now and swollen. It was a very painful experience and I will never do it again. I just want to know if my nose will change or if I permanently damaged my nose or the inside walls due to being tugged so har?

Waxing Nasal Hair

There is no added risk of injury secondary to waxing 8 years after rhinoplasty than there was before your surgery. However infection is possible after pulling hairs from the sensitive lining of your nose. See a nasal surgeon or ENT for examination and possible antibiotic treatment. 

Can I damage my nose 8 years after rhinoplasty if I got the inside of my nostrils waxed?

The result of a rhinoplasty should not be effected by a nasal hair treatment but there is always a risk of infection or burning the mucosa.

You should never pull nose hairs or have the inside of your nose waxed

Pulling nasal hairs can cause an infection of the nasal hair follicles. You should never pull or wax nose hairs. If you have and get swollen, see a nose specialist for immediate treatment. Nasal infections can spread and cause more problems.

The best way to treat nose hairs is to get a power nasal hair clipper or use a rounded tip scissors. These will sharply cut hairs without consequences.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD