Will my Nose Look Like a Snout for Good?

I got my nose operated on a week ago. I got my splint taken off, but I look extremely piggy. I told my surgeon specifically not to make me look like a pig. Before, my nose was downturned, and I wanted it to be straighter. I am afraid that even when the swelling goes down, I'll still look like a pig.

Your nose will continue to improve in appearance after your Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

I think you have a nice profile appearance 1 week after Rhinoplasty Surgery. Your nose is well proportioned to your face.

You're probably seeing more nostril show than you're used to. Your tip will drop a bit over the next few weeks as you continue to heal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pig Nose

+1

Normal post-operative swelling can give you a piggy look immediately after surgery. It can cause every feature you dislike at this time. Rest assured, all this will improve. Take sequential pictures and follow your progress. 

Sit back and give it time for nose job results to settle and swelling resolve.

+1

One week is way too early to evaluate the results of your nose surgery.  Give it some time and it is likely that your nose will settle and the pig or snout or turned up appearance is likely to improve.

Snout

+1

Nasal surgery routinely causes swelling of the entire nose, especially the tip.  Because the skin has been lifted off the bone and cartilage below, it has more freedom to swell in multiple vectors.  Most patients get an upward rotation of the tip early in the post op period which slowly de-rotates over the next several weeks.  Give it some time, and speak with your surgeon about your concerns.  The nasal tip stays swollen the longest because it's at the bottom of the nose and holds the most fluid.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon