How Do I Reduce the Risk of Infection After Rhinoplasty?

i have done non surgical rhinoplasty before and had just finished my surgical rhinoplasty 2 days ago. Problem is, my doctor says there might be a high risk of an infection in the short and long run. Please help, thank you!

Infection after Rhinoplasty

+1

Taking antibiotics is the only way to decrease the risk of infection. Unless you have a significant medical problem that you have not disclosed, I don't understand why your surgeon said there might be a high risk of infection. Post-operative infection after elective cosmetic rhinoplasty is very unusual. 

Preventing infection following rhinoplasty

+1

I would recommend that you avoid manipulation of the incisions. Do not pick. Follow the recommendations provided by your surgeon. Antibiotics may be controversial.

Infection and Rhinoplasty

+1

Aside from following your surgeon's recommendations, including taking antibiotics, there is nothing you can do to reduce the rate of infection seen with a rhinoplasty.

I AM intrigued though by your comment :"Problem is, my doctor says there might be a high risk of an infection in the short and long run" Nose surgery does NOT routinely have a high infection rate. So WHY does your surgeon feel this way and if so why would he operate on you?