How Straight Can a Crooked Nose Be Made?

I'm a male, 17 years of age and I've noticed that my nose is twisted/crooked/assymetrical. Basically, I have been wondering if my nose can be completely straightened. If it can't, how straight can it be made?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Depends

+1

The first step is the diagnosis of the cause of your deviation or crooked nose.  Often the deviation is due to septal deformity and without straightening the septum, the nose cannot be improved.  There are other causes as well.  The symmetry of your face has to be evaluated as well.  A crooked nose rhinoplasty is a technically advanced type of surgery and you should find a true specialist. Good luck.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Straightening a crooked nose

+1

During the rhinoplasty procedure, we are able to straighten the nose to its pre-injury state. In the majority of cases, the nose stays where its new straight anatomical position. On a rare occasion, it can drift back slightly to where it used to look, but as long as the operation is performed correctly and the nose bones have been rebroken the nose should stay in its new straight anatomical alignment.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Straightening a crooked nose

+1

A crooked nose is often slanted due to the position of the septum. For optimal straightening of the nose an experienced nose surgeon has to examine the nose and determine which elements of the nose are not in their rightful positions. The repair and straightening of the nose would then be based on what is off and by how much. There are various operations, each of which has different objectives. The one best suited for you would depend on the specific findings of your examination.

Straightening a Crooked Nose

+1

Rhinoplasty will always improve a crooked nose. Do not expect a perfect  result, but success will depend on the experience of the surgeon selected and the location and cause of your deviation.

Correction of Croooked Nose; How Straight is Straight?

+1

Hi,

A crooked nose can be corrected with rhinoplasty.  The degree of straightness depends on many variables that should be discussed with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Do choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Straightening the crooked nose

+1

I always tell patients when it comes to rhinoplasty that I can be make it straighter but not perfectly straight.  It is almost impossible to get it perfectly straight.  The cartilage is pliable and moldable but can bend a bit even after surgery.

Straightening the crooked nose.

+1

The answer depends on the experience of the surgeon and what is causing the deviation. Some deviations are easier to completely correct than others. You may not end up with a "perfect" nose but one which should be greatly if not totally straight.

Crooked nose

+1

Very straight! But you did not post any photos so we can determine the degree of the deviation, just a thought. See 3 boarded surgeons in your area to discuss in detail.

Regards from MIAMI DR. B

How straight can a crooked nose be made.

+1

This depends on the techniques utilized. Very commonly, the deviation is not completely corrected but camouflaged by laying a graft over the area to conceal the irregularity.

A good rhinoplasty can give you a relatively straight nose.

+1

Depending on the cause of your crooked twisted nose, you can expect a relatively straight nose after a rhinoplasty. Unfortunately cartilage some times has a memory and can relapse a bit after surgery.