Pushing Down on Bump on Nose After Rhinoplasty?

I went to my PS for the first follow-up since cast removal. i could see the straight line of the profile & slight hump on the upper bridge (swelling) he pushed down on it and molded it so hard i teared..and said for me to do it 3x a its swollen and bruised in the middle..wierd..why?

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

Generally speaking, it can take 6 to 12 months to completely heal after surgery. Please keep in touch with your surgeon or his/her clinical team to discuss your ongoing concerns.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

707 W Eau Gallie Blvd
Melbourne, FL 32935

Pushing on Nose after Rhinoplasty

The swelling of your bridge is obviously secondary to your surgeon's manipulation. This will resolve. He/she has recommended  massage 3x each day. Right now you don't need two people giving you advice - follow your surgeon's instructions.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Pushing on nose

I couldn't tell you what you are pushing on specifically. That is why your doctor is the best one to ask. Usually at that level it is either bone or cartilage, but you may also have a graft there.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Nasal Massage After Rhinoplasty

Best to discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Your surgeon knows what was done during the operation, where or if any grafts were used, and what the "pushing" accomplished.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

16311 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436