Pushing Down on Bump on Nose After Rhinoplasty?

I went to my PS for the first follow-up since cast removal. i could see the straight line of the profile & slight hump on the upper bridge (swelling)..so he pushed down on it and molded it so hard i teared..and said for me to do it 3x a day..now its swollen and bruised in the middle..wierd..why?

Pushing on Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

The swelling of your bridge is obviously secondary to your surgeon's manipulation. This will resolve. He/she has recommended  massage 3x each day. Right now you don't need two people giving you advice - follow your surgeon's instructions.

Pushing on nose

+1

I couldn't tell you what you are pushing on specifically. That is why your doctor is the best one to ask. Usually at that level it is either bone or cartilage, but you may also have a graft there.

Nasal Massage After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Best to discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Your surgeon knows what was done during the operation, where or if any grafts were used, and what the "pushing" accomplished.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P