My Nose Looks Like It Starts on my Forehead - is This Just Swelling?

I had rhinoplasty 11 days ago. Cast was removed yesterday. The area of my bridge between my eyes is raised - looks like my nose starts on my forehead! Is this a normal area of swelling? The area's reasonably fleshy. Is it swelling or could it be permanent scar tissue (I broke me nose 10yrs ago)

Fullness of nasal bridge after nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

The findings you describe are most likely attrributable to swelling . However, it is best for you to discuss this with your surgeon to ensure that this is not due to a displaced graft.

Raised Nasal Bridge

+1

As long as the bridge was not "raised" before surgery and grafts were not added to this area, this is swelling which will resolve. Swelling is common in the root of the nose after rhinoplasty. Scar tissue never forms this rapidly.Talk to your surgeon.

Swelling

+1

I agree with Dr. Pearson. To bring down the bridge of the nose the skin is lifted off the entire bridge and the bones are either rasped or chiseled down. Unless your surgeon put a graft in that location (highly unlikely for the nose you had) what you are seeing is swelling which should gradually subside.

High-radix disproportion

+1

Unless your surgeon grafted the radix (the root of the nose), it's highly, highly likely that this is just swelling. The glabella in particular tends to swell a lot in the first few days (rarely weeks) after rhinoplasty.

Hope this helps,

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon