Bleeding 9 Days After Rhinoplasty

I am 9 days post op, and today i felt a little wetness in my nose and i thought it was phlegm. I used my q-tip to try to clean it, and I noticed it was blood. It's not dripping but I can feel it right under the tip inside my nostril. Is this normal?? What could be the cause and what is the remedy?

Bleedind after Nose Surgery

+1

The are many potential reasons why you could see bleeding after nose surgery. Moreover, there is a huge difference between a little wetness and ongoing active bleeding. The most common reason, which is probably what happened to you, is interfering with the edge of the incision or one of the dissolving stitches inside the nose. For this reason we tell our patient NOT to pick or instrument their noses and allow the stitches to fall out by themselves.

Bleeding 9 days after Rhinoplasty

+1

You may have rubbed a suture line, causing or aggravating a beeding site. It would be best not try to clean the inside of your nose at this time. Consult with your surgeon if this continues or you are concerned.

Bleeding after rhihoplasty

+1

Bleeding after rhinoplasty is can occur.  This may be from the suture line.  Leave the crust alone or use a small amount of neosporin/bacitracin to loosen it up.  If it persists see your doctor.

Bleeding after rhinoplasty.

+1

You probably hit a suture line. Use vaseline GENTLY in the area and see your surgeon if it continues.

Bleeding 9 days after rhinoplasty

+1

First Call your surgeon he knows exactly what was done we are just a general response to a question or concern. Second STOP picking without permission you can cause many problems. Third, since you "picked" off a scab internally I think it will bleed, usually this stops but check with your surgeon.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Bleeding after rhinoplasty

+1

You should be discussing this with your surgeon. Typically you may have disrupted suture line. However, some people with bleeding disorders experience bleeding 7-10 days after surgery. Ths may require an evaluation.

Bleeding after rhinoplasty is not uncommon for up to at least 2 weeks

+1

While bleeding after rhinoplasty is infrequent it is not uncommon. The first thing you should do is call your plastic surgeon and follow their advice. And second stop putting any thing up into your nose other than a wash or spray your surgeon instructs you to use. Certainly stop putting a q tip up your nose. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD