What is This Crease Called Inbetween my Chin and Bottom Lip? What Kind of Surgery Can I Get to Remove the Crease? (photo)

I feel like this crease is not feminine and I don't see much people with a deep crease like mine. Is there anyway to get rid of it?

Fat grafting, facial contouring, #fat transfer, #restylane, #tissue contouring, #beautybi

+1

Dear Maria996

Thank you for your questions.  This crease is the Mental crease.  It is made deeper with the mentalis muscle.  There are several ways to soften the crease- with BOTOX, with FILLER, With FAT GRAFT.  Your chin projection may be slightly out of balance with your nose - so any procedure should take into account the balance of your facial features.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Can you improve the horizontal crease between your chin and lower lip?

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos:

You have a deep "labiomental" crease, and frankly this does not appear to be aesthetically unpleasing. You may be a candidate for a well-performed Injectable Filler procedure to lessen the depth of the crease. This needs to be performed by an experienced physician, as horizontal wrinkles and creases may be more prone to bumps than vertical wrinkles and creases, in my experience. In that regard, a conservative treatment with a planned "touch-up" a month later may be best. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon