Is Chin Reduction Possible Without Touching the Bone- Tissue Only?

I do not like my chin at all. It sticks out and when I smile it makes me look like a whitch. By playing with the skin it seems as if if the skin/chin fat or whatever was tightened it would look better (I desire a more straight up and down chin instead of a chin that is a bump). Is there anyway fat or excess skin can be removed from my chin to achieve this (without shaving the bone).

Soft Tissue Chin Reduction with Botox

+2

The chin is made of skin, fat, muscle, and bone. While most patients want to augment the chin, some patients need to reduce the size of a prominent chin. Typically, bone shaving is required to reduce chin size. However, some patients can benefit from Botox or similar treatment to relax the chin muscles and soften the chin. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a specialist help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Reduction Possible Without Touching the Bone- Tissue Only?

+2

The bump you are referring to is the Mentalis muscle of the chin. It CAN be softened and flattenned with Botox. However, doing so may result in a partially opened mouth at rest.

Peter A Aldea, MD