Breast Augmentation for $4,000?

Is it possible to find a surgeon whose qualified to preform a Breast augmentation for $4,000.00? I am in desperate need of this surgery.

Absolutely you can have breast augmentation for under $4000 by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

+3

While price should never be the deciding factor in any surgery including breast augmentation, here in Daytona Beach I have done several thousand breast implants and we now charge less then $4000 for the procedure including implants (saline), operating room fees, a board certified anesthesiologist and routine follow up. Unfortunately silicone gel implants run the cost up a bit more but almost all the patients that are appropriate for and have trans axillary sub muscular saline implants are very happy, There are a few associated costs for your prescriptions, extra bras. I am Board Certified and use Mentor implants and do about 150-200 breast augmentations a year. Complication rates are extremely low.

Cost of breast augmentation

+2

Costs of breast augmentation can vary widely.  Most of the costs are beyond the reach of the plastic surgeon.  These include; operating room fees, anesthesiologist fees, cost of implants, etc.  Please do not make your choice base only on cost.  Cheap can get expensive quickly if something goes awry.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Finding the most economical breast augmentation

+2

I'm not saying it's not possible, but that's less than I've ever heard a legitimate board-certified plastic surgeon charging to do the procedure in a proper operating room.

Here's your best bet: go to the local medical center and do surgery in the plastic surgery resident's clinic. These doctors are in their final months of training, and they know what to do. I supervise the residents at UCLA doing this, as do several other community plastic surgeons. We are there to watch over everything, and I think the patients can get very good surgery this way.

Steven Teitelbaum, MD

Fee for augmentation mammoplasty

+2

The TOTAL fee for an augmentation should include the following costs:

!. Sugeeon's fee( board certified) for surgery and follow up.

2. Prostheses(2) with insurance

3. Anesthesiologist (board certified)

4. Facility fee(OR and recovery)

I would doubt that you can find a QUALIFIED Plastic Surgeon in the USA for that price.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Truth about breast augmentation cost

+1

When looking at different breast augmentation prices there are many factors as to why you see different prices. Most doctors that charge more would like you to think it is because they are better trained or give you a better result. This is not the case. typically there are many factors that contribute to what a doctors charges

1)does the doctor have their own surgery center pr have to use a hospital. If they have to use the hospital this can add several thousand dollars to the cost which is passed on to the patient. The doctors that have to use a hospital will try to tell you its safer but the reality is this has never been shown scientifically and all Board certified plastic surgeons are required to operate in certified surgery centers. So those with their own centers have facilities with the same set of standards as the hospital and at times are certified by the same agency. So most Surgeons with their own surgery center pass the discount on to their patient.

2)Time in the Operating room. The less experienced, indecisive a surgeon or the fewer cases a plastic surgeon does per year the longer they will take in the operating room to perform the procedure. Thus the more they are charged by the hospital or anesthesia staff. The more specialized the plastic surgeon is with breast augmentation the more efficient he is with the procedure so the less time it take and the less it will cost. Not to mention the more they do the less they pay for the same implants. Again most surgeons should pass this savings on to the patient.

3)Experience.. the more experienced sometimes the more the Doctor feels they can demand for their services. What you should look for, is to make sure they are a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They should also be a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery as well as a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (which is the most prestigious cosmetic society a plastic surgeon who performs cosmetic breast augmentation can belong to).

4) Lastly sometimes geography comes into play when in certain regions of the country the cost for staffing and facility are much higher than in others.

I perform over 1000 breast augmentations per year. And I am a member of the above societies as well as a member of the lead surgeons. We have our own surgery center and charge what we feel to be an honest cost of only 3000$ for saline and 4000$ for silicone breast augmentation and this includes all cost..

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation for $4000

+1

Surgical fees vary across country and even across practices.  Depending on the anesthesiologist charge, we can breast augmentation for $4000.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cost of breast augmentation

+1

The costs associated with breast augmentation are 1) surgeon's fees, 2) anesthesiologist's fees, 3) facility fees, and 4) implant fees.  Another indirect cost to consider is the cost of revisional surgery if necessary and the long term costs of a job poorly done that you cannot put a dollar value on.  Of these, the implant fees are relatively constant but the other fees vary from practice to practice.

In my Utah practice, we are actually one of the more expensive practices in our area but still just a little over $4,000 ($4,600 saline, $5,600 silicone).  Our surgeons fees are a bit higher than most - we don't charge surgeons fees for any revision surgery within the first year.  However, we have a AAAASF certified, in-office fully equiped operating room which eliminates the otherwise very high facility fee.   I use only board certified anesthesiologists and safety and patient experience is maximized.   We have contracted anesthesia fees that are very competetive.

That said, this is an important decision and QUALITY should be way ahead of PRICE in you consideration of who to choose for this procedure.

York J. Yates MD - Utah.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Cost in Columbus Ohio

+1

I agree with everyone on this list who has encouraged you to make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and that that person is someone you would trust after meeting with them at your consultation.

In Columbus, Ohio, our total costs for breast augmentation are currently $4500-5100 for saline implants and $5000-5900 for silicone implants.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation prices

+1

Well, as you have heard, you can get breast augmentation for $4000 in this country.  But consider, if you have to fly to another state, that will add cost and you have to arrange follow up visits with a surgeon in your area, which could cost even more.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Cost of Implants

+1

There is often truth to the saying, "you get what you pay for." That said, there are likely areas of the country where you may be able to have breast implants for that price. It would most likely be saline implants and would be performed under sedation and not general anesthesia. In Manhattan, you will not find implants anywhere close to that price. However, prices are different from city to city and between doctors.

David Shafer, MD