When to Start Basic Cardio Exercises After Breast Augmentation?

I'mplanning on having a breast augmentation soon, but I work out 6 days a week and will go crazy if I can't do any cardio exercises for longer than 2 weeks. I take a lot of spin classes, kickboxing, running, weight classes and other basic cardio like the eliptical. Approximately how soon after the procedure can I start doing these activities, specifically the spin classes (indoor cycling) and basic cardio? Any ideas?

I advise my patients to avoid any activity that will raise the heart rate or blood pressure for two full weeks after surgery. This included walking, running, biking, lifting, tugging, or pulling over 20-30 lbs. At the three week point you may resume lower body activities such as brisk walking, lunges, and squats. At four weeks after surgery you should be fine to resume your regular exercise regimen.