- Accutane (marketed outside the U.S. as Roaccutane) is an oral acne medication, Isotretinoin.
- Accutane is mostly reserved for severe cases of acne because of its many potential side effects.
- Accutane side effects are well publicized. Accutane has been associated with depression, thoughts of suicide and even some reports of suicide.
- Dermatologists are required to inform their patients about the side effects before treating. Additionally, Accutane can affect body organs.
- Accutane is a teratogen (can cause birth defects) so it is critical that females do not get pregnant while taking--or for many months--following Accutane therapy.
Was this guide helpful? Thanks for your feedback