Am I Too Young for an Advanced Mini Facelift? (photo)

Hi, I'm 37 years old and have been considering an advanced mini facelift. I had the one stitch lift about two years ago which must have lasted approximately four days! My skin isn't wrinkly but does not seem to have much elasticity. Neck is fine but after weight loss (and always having a slightly 'baggy' face) I've decided that things have got to change. This op sounds ideal as it supposedly lasts and (I think) will tidy the nasal labial lines and bagginess, but would anything else be better?

Facelifts in young patients with elastic skin.

Facelifts in young patients with elastic skin and neck bands need a regular facelift since they will return quickly without removing them. That is why minilifts you see on TV at a few months look good and they do not show long term photos which skilled facelift surgeons do. You may need a cheek lift for your nasolabial creases.

Too Young for a Mini-Facelift?

You look like a good candidate for a mini-facelift.  I see some excess in the nasolabial folds, some marionette lines at the corners of the mouth and some platysmal banding in the neck.  These issues respond well to a mini-facelift in my experience.  I do well over 100 of these each year with very high patient satisfaction.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

Just from your photos, I think a combination of facial fillers or fat grafting  and a  lift may be the right thing for you. An exam in person is key to get a proper evaluation.

Minilift, nasolabial lines, filler, sculptra, perlane

Your experience with a minilift is fairly typical.  Minilift gives mini results.

The nasolabial folds are the furthest away from the incisions in front of the ear and therefor show the least improvement with a skin only facelift.

There appears to be some loss of volume in your cheeks as well.

To correct these issues options include a midface lift to reposition the nasolabial folds and elevate the cheek tissue over the cheek bones.

Less aggressives approaches include volumizing of the cheeks and filling of the folds with Perlane, Sculptra or fat injections.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making any treatment decisions. Cheers

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Age for Mini Facelift

There is really no magic age for a mini facelift, or any type of cosmetic surgery.  Patients do this when they need it.  Everyone ages at a different rate.  Some patients have real soft skin that tends to sag at an early age, while others have good elastic skin, and always look younger than their stated age.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Facelifts

Do not know what the surgeon means by ADVANCED??

In general stay away from brand name facelifts.

Consult  aBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board Of Plastic Surgery).

In general  a mini face lift, or also called a short scar facelift will deal with the nasolabial fold and the jowlrs.

A full facelift will deal with the nasolabial fold, the jowles and the neck.

Understand what the surgeon is correcting the extend of the scar, the pros and cons of each proposed procedure and the risks, then make your decision.

From the pictures posted you seem to be a candidate for a mini facelift, I do not see a lot of neck lines in the pictures.

The Ideal Age to Consider a Facelift

A person’s age is best guessed by the appearance of their face. If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel inside, you may be a candidate for a facelift. During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect. If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift, individualized for each patient, that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™.

Patients with elastic skin

You are a candidate for a facelift.

However you are a better candidate for a facelift that adjusts the deep tissues upwards than for a 'mini lift' alone.

A mini lift will tighten your skin somewhat, but not do enough to the deep layer to give you an optimal result.

Strategic volume replacement will give your face a prettier, softer look as well.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Mini Lift with Fat Injections are a nice rejuvenation option

A properly done Mini Lift will provide you with natural and long lasting results. The Mini Lift can also be extended below the jaw to help tone your neck as well a Mini Lift will not help your nasolabial folds - fillers will do well there.

In looking at your photos I would also advise some fat injections to your cheeks to help round them out and give your face a nice, rejuvenated appearance.

Take Care,

Dr. J

Kamran Jafri, MD

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

Mini lifts are for mini problems. The more extensive surgery will fit your needs. Try considering a good facelift with muscle tightening in the neck to improve your chin and jowl area. Having performed about 1000 facial plasty surgeries I advise patients never to take a short cut. Keep in mind that as we age, our face gets longer and the surgery should shorten your vertical dimension.Take some time to make a good decision.