Non surgical filler to correct dorsal hump? (Photo)

Hi, I've heard a lot about "non surgical nose jobs" and wanted to know if I was a good candidate for it. I dislike the hump on my nose and am looking to correct that, however I'm afraid that adding filler to correct it but increase the over all size of my nose. Please advice!

Non--surgical filler to correct the dorsal hump?

Placement of fillers in the nose is only temporary, makes the nose larger, is not FDA approved for that application, and can have significant complications.  The dorsal is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be shaved down surgically in order to remove it. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below 

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs Using Fillers Work Well For Straightening Nasal Bumps & Tapering Noses

I have been performing nonsurgical nose jobs with fillers for over fifteen years, and from the photo, you appear to be an excellent candidate. In experienced hands, the procedure should not take more than about five minutes to perform and are likely to elicit an immediate "Wow!" response. Although no front face photo was provided, in general, if properly performed often the addition of the filler ends up tapering the nose somewhat as a result of the slight upward lift engendered by the filler. Make sure you consult and seek treatment by a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in performing this procedure and ask to see his/her before and after photos before agreeing to proceed. Best of luck.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Non Surgical Nose Job for Dorsal Bump

Hi, and thanks for your question. Non Surgical Rhinoplasty is a procedure that I popularized 13 years ago and still perform on a daily basis. I see excellent results camouflaging bumps such as the one that you have. All it takes is a small amount of filler above and below the bump and your nose will be straight on profile. Even though we are adding volume to specific areas of your nose, it will not look bigger. In fact, because it will be straighter, it will look smaller. A bump atracts attention and makes the nose look bigger. A straight nose blends in to the rest of the face and looks smaller. 

There are several options of fillers. For a temporary effect of about 1 to 1.5 years I like to use Voluma. The result is smooth and natural looking and the filler is reversible with an enzyme injection if you don't like the result (almost never happens). There is a longer lasting filler called Bellafill that I use with patients who have had the temporary procedure. Bellafill lasts for many years and in some patients is actually permanent. 

Whether temporary or permanent, Non Surgical Rhinoplasty takes 5 to 15 minutes to perform, involves minimal pain, minimal risk, no downtime or swelling and you can see the results immediately after the procedure. I think that it would absolutely be a great alternative to surgery in your case.
Hope that helps!

Non Surgical Nosejob Needs--Fillers (voluma, restylane, juvederm)

Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) can be used to improve the symmetry of the nose, while also disguise a hump. Surgery would be needed for the nostrils/shape. See an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer