Is it safe to get a non surgical nose job top up done by a different doctor?

The doctor who initially carried out my non surgical nose job was an absolute nightmare for me! She overfilled my nose an was so rude when I raised my concerns with her. Thankfully 3 months later after some of the filler has softened up I'm happy with my results. However I don't trust going back to this doctor, so is it okay to go to another doctor for a top up? Will they have to use the exact same filler (perlane) on my nose? Or do I have to wait until this filler fully dissolves first?

Non-surgical rhinoplasty with fillers

Non-sirgical rhinoplasty is accomplished with filler materials, usually hyaluronic acid (Restylane, Juvederm, Belotero) or calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiesse). It is a bit of a risky procedure, so it may be safer to use hyaluronic acid. Any combination of fillers on the face/nose are safe, and there is no know interaction between fillers. Usually we recommend topping off a filler rather than waiting for it to completely dissipate. Perlane is now called Restylane Lyft. My filler of choice for the nose is Restylane (not Lyft).

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Nosejob Needs--Fillers (voluma, restylane, juvederm)--O.k. to change

Yes, you can see another Dr. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist to go over your treatment options. These fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) are great to use to improve symmetry of the nose. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Non surgical rhinoplasty

thanks for your question and photos. You certainly can go to someone else. You can ask the new doc what fillers they use and their opinion if you need more. Good luck. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon