How many grafts would I need to cover just the crown area? (Photos)

I'm happy with my hairline just wanted a little bit more coverage in the back.

You should see a doctor for an examination for a better recommendation. You may need a few thousand grafts as your hair loss wi

You should see a doctor for an examination for a better recommendation.  You may need a few thousand grafts as your hair loss will likely get worse over time.  

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Estimation for number of grafts for crown area

considering the density of your hair on  top of  the scalp and the color of your hair, I think with 2000-2200  grafts you will have  reasonable coverage. I highly recommend you to see a hair restoration surgeon in person for better evaluation.

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplantation Graft Estimation

Thank you for your question. The number of grafts depends on your hair thickness and density. Crown coverage ranges from 1500 to 3000 grafts on average. You should see a surgeon in person to obtain all the information required to help you make the best decision.Best wishes!

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crown Coverage

If you had fine hair, then it would take 3000 grafts to cover the crown as I had done for myself. IF your hair is medium weight, possibly 2200 graft and if it were coarse, possibly 1800 grafts might do it. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Crown

Something this size could need 2000 graphs. But the best thing is to get a consult in person to make sure.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

How many grafts do I need ?

You should consult with a Surgeon for tailor made medical evaluation for your case . The pictures you provide are good but do not allow for a good estimate of grafts needed. You have to share your donor side as well . In my practice for this kind of balding I would prefer to combine FUT and FUE in order to cover larger portions of balding area in a single session 
All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon