What color is the most difficult to remove in tattoo?

I want to know , because it's very important for me .

White and yellow

In order to successfully remove a multicolor tattoo you require multiple lasers. There is no one laser wavelength that can cover all inks. In my practice I use up to 5 ! 

We must consider what wavelength your ink is absorbing and pair it to what laser you are using 

Black responds best because it absorbs all wavelengths but its favorite are YAG and RUBY

Red responds only to one the KTP ( 532)

Blue responds best the the Ruby followed by the YAG followed by the Alexandrite

Green responds best to Alexandrite and Ruby as a close second

Yellow is hard reflecting most lasers but the 532 seems to be the best of what we can offer but still yellow may not respond.

White reflects all so I never tell my patients white will come out. Sometimes it does but thats just luck.

So all in all black with red tattoo higher up pn the body is your best bet if you think one day you may want it removed.

Commack Physician

Most Difficult Tattoo Colors to Remove

Thank you for your question. The most difficult colors to remove are yellow, white, pink and light green and blue. The easiest colors to remove are red and black. However, the closer the tattoo is to the heart, the easier it is to remove.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Lighter Pigments are More DIfficult

Lighter pigments are more difficult to remove than dark pigments. To determine if you are a good candidate for laser tattoo removal, make an appointment with a specialist.

Eric Seiger, DO
Fenton Dermatologist

Tattoo removal

Lighter colors are harder to remove ( yellow , pink , orange ) , it depends on the laser that is used and how you would react to the treatment . Several treatments are necessary to remove a tattoo.

Joseph Doumit, MD
Montreal Dermatologist

Tattoo Removal

Thank you for your question in regards to tattoo removal. Lighter colors such as yellow and orange can be difficult, along with blues and greens. They type of laser will determine which colors it will have the best effect on to remove. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Laser Tattoo Removal Facts--Takes a series of treatments

Lighter colors are more difficult to remove (white, pink, yellow) and size plays a role as smaller tattoos are easier to remove.  All tattoo removal takes a series of treatments. I recommend getting a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Hard colors to remove in a tattoo

The hardest are the light colors: pink, yellow, white, and light blue/green. The easiest colors are red and black. Also, the closer the tattoo is to the heart, the easier it is to remove. Smaller tattoos are easier to remove than larger tattoos. See link for Kirby Desai scale which discusses how many treatments are needed depending on your tattoo characteristics. Keep in mind that this was made before pico lasers were around.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Tattoo colors

Light colors, such as yellow, light green and turquoise are usually difficult to remove.  Also, white, and any color that might contain white (such as pink) may darken, rather than lighten, with treatment.

Jeffrey Gosin, MD, FACS
Atlantic City Vascular Surgeon