I'm on Accutane and my pimples seem to be going away but there are dark red spots all over my cheeks and forehead? (Photo)

Is there anything I can do to make these go away at all! I have been on accutane for 2 months and these still are showing up no matter if I pop a pimple or not.

Accutane expectations

Thank you for your question. I'm glad to hear that your acne is starting to clear; however, it is common to have "dark red spots", also known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation may persist until after you stop Accutane therapy, and the dark spots will gradually lighten over time. There are treatment options, such as lasers or chemical peels, that can treat hyperpigmentation, but I recommend waiting until after you complete Accutane therapy due to the increase risk in scarring. I highly suggest you consult with your prescribing dermatologist regarding your questions and concerns. Take care and good luck.