Lift lip suspension? (photos)
Doctor Answers 1
Suture suspension lip lift
- This is a nice idea and was published in 2011.
- An incision is made in the nose, a permanent suture placed to lift the central lip - and secured to the bony nasal spine. .
- The results sound great - but there are no follow up results to show they are permanent.
- (most suspension surgery results are temporary.)
- Please note that in the before/after photo, the patient lacks sufficient central lip - the sides are fine.
- If this is your problem, the suspension may be fine.
- But in most lips, it will creates an unnaturally short central lip with a low outer lip, like a bunny rabbit.
- See a plastic surgeon who does a lot of lip lifts to see if this is reasonable for you.
- The price however seems to me much too high.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.