Breast lift? Would it get rid of the side rolls? (Photo)

Would a breast lift get rid of the side rolls (arrows on picture) and is that considered breast tissue as well? I am a c/d now with rolls so should I look at possible implants as well?

Breast lift? Would it get rid of the side rolls?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Breast lift with side rolls

While a breast lift alone will not address the excess tissue lateral of the breasts, it can be improved through liposuction or direct excision at the time of the lift. I also think you be a great candidate for a mastopexy with augmentation. Make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Ashley Gordon, MD

Breast lift and getting rid of side rolls

Thank you for your question about your breast lift.
The breast lift will not get rid of the side rolls but -
Liposuction of the sides is fat.
This can be done at the same time as the lift and will reduce the fat on the sides of the chest.
If you want to be larger, you should definitely consider having breast implants as well as a lift.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast lift? Would it get rid of the side rolls

A breast lift will no correct the localized fat deposits on you lateral chest wall, That is fat, no breast tissue and can be adequately treated with liposuction at the same time.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast Lift with Extended Lateral Excision of Skin Plus Liposuction of Side Rolls

Thank you for your question about Breast Lift. More pictures with arms raised out and posterior shots of each side would be helpful.

It is very likely that complete correction would require a combination of breast lift with extended lateral excision to remove excess amounts of axillary skin +/- liposuction of the side rolls too, so that the extended lateral incision doesn't wrap all the way around to the middle of your back.

Breast implants would help add shape to your breasts, but great care would need to be taken to prevent lateral migration of your implants.

To be sure what is best for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have Breast Lift Surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Yes, it appears that you would benefit from a mastopexy/Augmentation as well as the excision of rolls at the same time. 

Thanks for including photos, as they allow me to answer simply--"No."

You would need a upper back lift, and this would best NOT be done at the time of breast lift incisions, as extending the inframammary crease skin incision laterally to remove this roll of extra skin and fat would compromise the circulation to the lateral breast skin flap. Dead skin could result. Trust me, you do not want this.
Your anatomy require more than treatment of the "dog ears" after breast lift surgery, and would require a separate operation for your best safety and outcome. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and side rolls

Your side rolls are not part of the breast, but could be addressed at the same time as your breast lift. You could have an augmentation/lift and then the sides rolls removed with liposuction or direct excision at the same time. Good luck.

Concerned about excess breast tissue on side

Thank you for the post. This is actually a very common question women ask regarding breast lift or breast reduction surgery. The lift along with not address this. Use of liposuction at the time of surgery can certainly improve these areas. Seek out a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for an in-person consultation. 

Bra Rolls

Thank you for your question. This is a common problem.  A lift alone will not likely remove tissue in this area.  Speak to your surgeon as you will may need excision of this extra skin.  You may also be able to do liposuction of this area, but your surgeon will be able to answer this once you are examined. 

Krishna Dash, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon