How can I treat these marks left over from sclerotherapy? (Photo)

I had sclerotherapy two months ago and I am left with these marks. Is this a scar or post inflammatory hyper pigmentation? What can I do to treat it?

Sclerotherapy

Thank you for your question in regards to sclerotherapy. Pigmentation is common after sclerotherapy treatments and can take up to a year to subside on its own. Although lasers can be used to help dissolve the pigment faster, it has only been two months post treatment. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Hyper pigmentation

Post sclerotherapy hyperpigmentation can occur  and usually resolves without any treatment over 6 months to a year.  Your treatment was only 2 months ago and you have minimum discoloration.  Give it time to resolve and avoid sun exposure over the darkened areas.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation From Lasers -- Skin Lightening, Light Peels, microsecond YAG, Tattoo Lasers

I suggest lightening creams and q switched laser treatment.  Please see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Marks from Sclerotherapy

There really isn't much to do to make these marks dissipate faster.  It will take time for these hyperpigmented marks to go away.  Avoid sun on the area while these heal.  Best, Dr. Green