PCOS hair loss. What is the likelihood of reversing hair loss/miniaturization if right steps are taken?

I'm a 27 year-old women suffering from androgenic alopecia. It's not totally noticeable yet, so I'm assuming I'm fairly early in my hair loss journey. If I take the right steps, (such as minoxidil, spironolactone, birth control - none of which I am currently on), do I have a fighting chance of reversing hair loss and miniaturization. Realistically, what is the likelihood of solving this? I do understand it's different for every woman.

Than you for your question. The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.

“Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

PCOS #hairloss in female

You may be able to reverse it. You need to be followed by a gynecologist for treatment. The doctor may regulate your hormones and if your hormone is balanced it is possible that some of your hair will grow back. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

POCS Is a hormonal condition that produces male like hair loss in women

POCS also produces miniaturization in various parts of the scalp. With increasing androgen influences on the hair, these hormones trigger genetic hair loss as it would in men. Most women I have seen has had difficulty reversing these effects. The drug finasteride may work as it does in men. If you develop thinning that bothers you, the best treatment for this is scalp micropigmentation (see below). Two female members of my family have had it done for thinning and their results were outstanding. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

PCOS and patterned hair loss.Englewood Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, women with hyperandrogenemia can develop   a pattern hair loss. Women with marked Androgen excess can develop a male pattern alopecia with bitemporal recession and thinning. You need to be under the care of a hair expert who will follow your sex hormone-binding globulin. The lower the sex hormone-binding globulin, the higher the bioavailability of androgens. In addition to the minoxidil, spironolactone, and birth control pills I would recommend spearmint tea and platelet rich plasma. We have had encouraging results in women with PCOS using platelet rich plasma..  find an expert in platelet rich plasma and hair loss. I believe your PCOS can be managed effectively. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

In general there is no way to completely reverse hair loss. You may have some hair growth but like aging you cannot reverse the

In general there is no way to completely reverse hair loss. You may have some hair growth but like aging you cannot reverse the process.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon