What Areas of the Face Can Botox Be Injected?

Where would Botox be best suited/safe/effective for a person who has wrinkles all over their face?

Experience counts in Botox injection technique

Botox is a safe medication administered for cosmetic improvement of wrinkles. In this particular case where you complain of diffuse wrinkling, you may not be a candidate for Botox as your skin may be photoaged. The proper treatment may be to improve skin resiliency and quality.

For aesthetic purposes, BOTOX Cosmetic is...

For aesthetic purposes, BOTOX® Cosmetic is FDA-approved for the treatment of glabella lines (frown lines between the eyebrows) and is also commonly used to prevent or treat horizontal lines on the forehead and crow’s feet around the eyes.

Using my advanced knowledge of facial anatomy, I am also able to perform BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments into less common sites to create a mini-browlift, reduce lip lines, relax vertical neck muscle bands, or to aesthetically improve other features of the face.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox is best indicated for the forehead, crow's feet, and the glabells ("11 lines")

Botox is best and most often used for forehead wrinkles, crow's feet lines around the eyes, and the "11 lines" between the eyebrows. Botox has been safely used in these areas by many practitioners for many years, and I would say that the vast majority of experience has been in these 3 areas. There are other areas and uses for Botox also. including:

1. "Bunny lines" on the sides of the nose

2. Gummy smile reduction

3. Nasal flare reduction

4. Lifting up the corners of the mouth

5. Tightening the jawline (difficult to do, not as popular)

6. Lifting eyebrows

7. Decreasing the "orange peel" appearance of the chin

8. Lessening the appearance of neck bands

These are some of the other advanced uses of Botox and may be something worth trying if you have any of these issues since Botox is relatively cheap and completely reversible.

Hope this helps!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Botox can be used on various areas of the face, ranging...

Botox can be used on various areas of the face, ranging from the forehead to the frown lines between the eyes and the crows feet.

In my practice, I also use it on the lips (smokers lines) and occasionally on the chin area for people who tend to dimple their chins.

It is an incredibly useful tool and, in the right hands, can accentuate the eyes and make them look much more attractive. While most people out there do a limited amount of Botox, if you go to someone who is an expert, they will typically know how to do the other areas without side effects.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Where can you use Botox

I like Botox for the upper face and think it does very well.  Common locations are between the eyebrows, in the forehead and in "Crow's Feet".  Less commonly injected areas include the DOA (depressor anguli oris- a muscle that causes you to frown) and in bands in the neck.  I am not a fan of Botox in the wrinkles around the mouth.  When people have had this they often look like they've had a stroke.  Botox is an excellent medication and can do things that surgery can not.  However, Botox is not a replacement for a facelift, browlift, blepharoplasty or skin resurfacing.  Be careful that the person who does your Botox does the other procedures as well or they may be just taking your money for minimal or no benefit.  Remember that for the person with one hammer, the whole world looks like a nail.  Make sure they have more than "one" hammer.

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for newbies

Botox, is a great drug, but unfortunately, it doesn't quite work as a wrinkle eraser. If you are a Botox virgin, I would recommend most strongly to choose an experienced qualified injector. He or she will be able to assess your face and discuss your options in details. It is usually more important to assess what you want to improve, and then decide what you will use to achieve this improvement.

In general, however, Botox works great for improvement of vertical lines between the eyebrows, forehead lines, and crows feet area. Other applications are more advanced, and your physician will discuss whether you might benefit from them.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

Botox all over the face

Yes, Botox can be injected "all over the face", but in very specific areas that have been shown to be safe.  The three most common areas are the crows feet, between the eyebrows, and the forehead.  But there are dozens of locations Botox can be injected into.  It really depends on your personal profile.  That is the cool thing about Botox, it is totally personalized to each and every patient.  

Hope this helps
Good Luck

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

What areas on the face can Botox be injected

The areas on the face that Botox can be injected depend on the approved indications, experience of the doctor doing treatments and the concerns that patients have.
Even though, some areas are not formally approved, the evidence suggests that Botox can be injected in all areas of the face. These concerns need to be discussed with the doctor performing the procedure prior to having it done.
I hope that helps and best regards.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

What Facial Areas Botox Can Be Used on

Botox is commonly used for the temporary smoothing of glabellar lines (also called frown lines), the smile lines around the eyes (crow's feet), forehead lines and has been safely used in these areas by many practitioners for many years.
However, injectors with more expertise can treat other areas of the face for a rejuvenated appearance including:

• Reducing the fine lines known as “bunny lines” on the sides of the nose
  • Softening the appearance of neck bands
  • Raising the corners of the mouth
  • Tightening the jaw line
  • Lifting & Shaping the eyebrows
  • Reducing nasal flaring
  • Smoothing out the "orange peel" look of the skin

While many clinics can perform the more common Botox procedures, I believe patients should seek out an experienced injector who has advanced knowledge of facial anatomy, enjoys the artistry of cosmetic skin surgery and takes a collaborative approach with their patients to ensure beautiful natural results.

Botox Injections

Botox is commonly used to treat wrinkles in areas such as: frown lines (glabella), smile lines (crows feet), lips (corners of mouth and upper lip), forehead, and neck bands.

#botoxglabella #ridofwrinkles #botoxsafeinjections