What color is Botox supposed to be in the syringe?

I recently got Botox at a Medispa and noticed the Botox was not clear, it was yellowish. Is this normal?

Botox is crystal clear in solution

pke,

Botox is a freeze dried whitish powder that is barely discernible on the inner surface of the small clear glass vial in which it is packaged, and it is reconstituted in various strengths by dilution with clear saline solution.  I have never seen it appear anything but crystal clear when it is properly handled and kept refrigerated after reconstitution.   You should ask about that where it was given.  I hope that this helps.    

Tom DeWire, MD, FACS    

Richmond, VA

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

The Color of Reconstituted Botox is Clear

Uhm....reconstituted Botox in the syringe is clear.  You can see through it.

To be sure, see two or more licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox should be clear when it is reconstituted. I would be worried that the Botox is outdated, contaminated or maybe not Botox at all. There are many examples of patients being injected with non-FDA approved product or even counterfeit product. Be sure that you are injected by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist (or a certified injector under their direct supervision). 

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Color

Botox is clear in color.  Botox comes as a powder and needs to be reconstituted before injection.  It is not yellow at all.  Please consult with a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Botox Color

Botox is reconstituted (mixed) with saline in the office and should always be a clear liquid. There is no reason it should ever be a yellow color. I would be very concerned that the product was not Botox or it was mixed incorrectly. I recommend having your treatments performed by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. 

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Color

Botox should be clear as it is generally mixed with bacteriostatic sodium chloride or water.  A yellow color is not normal in my practice.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Color of Botox is not yellow!

Botox is a white, extremely fine powder that in minute amounts is dissolved in saline (salt-water). As such, it is a completely clear solution after reconstitution. 

See the video for what the bottle should look like. Look for the hologram on the bottle.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Color of reconstituted Botox.

It should be clear as water with no coloration.  Before mixing it with saline it is a fine white powder.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

What Color is Botox?

When Botox is mixed with saline the result is a clear, colorless liquid. It should never be yellow. This is concerning. I would contact the medspa to make sure you actually got Botox.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Botox color

Botox is typically a whitish powder in a clear glass bottle, and is reconstituted with sterile saline (saltwater) for injection.  Reconstitution produces a clear, colorless fluid.  

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon