Bump under eye after Botox

I had botox yesterday under my eyes. The right one is fine but the left one seems to have a bump of some sort? I only see it when I smile. Doesn't hurt or anything. No discoloration. Wasn't there yesterday but noticed it when I woke up today.

Bump on skin after Botox

kimimouse,

Botox is entirely a liquid solution, with no potential for volume enhancement or change, like with a filler.That said, you may have had a local area of bruising/swelling under the skin that has not yet shown up on the skin yet, and it will probably promptly resolve, though a bruise may be seen in the skin in a day or so.Bring this to the attention of your doctor if the bump persists, but it will likely be gone by the time you read this.

Tom DeWire, MD, FACS

Richmond, VA

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

See injector in two weeks or so if it's still there

I am not certain as to the cause of this bump you are describing. I would wait until 10-14 days when the Botox treatment is completely effective, and if the bump is still there, I would follow-up with your treating physician. It does not sound to be worrisome if it is not causing you discomfort.

Question about Botox injected 1 day ago

If you were just injected 1 day ago and have a problem or concern, I would contact  the physician you trusted to perform your injections.. 

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bump from Botox

Botox is a great injection to temporarily freeze the wrinkles on the forehead or around the eyes.  If there is a small bump the next day most likely it is a tiny mark or bruise from the needle.  It should go away in a few days.  If you are concerned please contact your treating dermatologist for examination.

Bump Under Eye After Botox

This could be a area of mild swelling or bruise. I suggest warm compresses and some patience.  It will get better in a few days.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Bump After Botox

Consult with your doctor who did the injection. The most probably is that you got some swelling or a small hematoma in that site. If is not painful or red, I will not worry too much, and in few days will be gone.

Bump under eye after Botox

Most likely this is just a swollen lump because of the needle being inserted into the skin. It mostly happens around the eyes because the skin is thinner there. It should go away within a few days, but if you notice it getting larger or more painful, I'd see your injector for an in-person check.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Bump under eye after Botox

Trauma from the needle could cause swelling at the injection site. Cool compresses may help to improve this area in a more timely manner. Thank you for your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Hard to say

Without actually seeing the problem area it is difficult to determine what is going on.  Botox itself, does not cause any bumpiness under the skin.  However, it is possible that the process of injecting the Botox caused some subdermal swelling.  This swelling should diminish in a few days.  If it doesn't you should consult with your doctor.

Without a photo it is difficult to assess.

Without a photo it is difficult to assess. There can be a small amount of swelling to the area where the Botox was injected. This swelling should subside in a couple days. 

If you have any further concerns contact your injector.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD