I received botox around 4 hours ago, got bad news and cried. Did I ruin it?

Botox and crying

Crying will not ruin your botox treatment.  It is important not to rub or touch the areas for 4 hours after your treatment.  Best of luck

Crying will not ruin your result from Botox, I advise my patients not to exercise or massage the area for the first few hours, I hope you feel better  

Botox and crying

Crying will not affect your results.   Often it is advised not to rub the treated area vigorously for the first 2 hours but there should be no problem after that.  I hope matters iimprove.

Richard Asarch, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Crying

Crying cannot affect the results of the botox.  The results will become noticeable in 10-14 days.  I wish you the best, Dr. Emer.

Crying after botox

Crying after Botox will not affect your injections.Generally, we ask our patients not to rub the area for the first day.Everything should be fine and hope that you have a better day tomorrow.

I cried after Botox, did I ruin it?

Crying itself will have no affect on the Botox. What we caution people against is rubbing the areas that were injected or pressing on them hard for about 24 hours after. So, if you just cried, it's fine and you affected nothing.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Botox and Crying

Sorry you were upset, but the good news is that crying will have no adverse effect on your Botox result.  I caution patients to avoid rubbing the treated areas to avoid deeper dispersion of the toxin.  As long as you did not do this, tehre should be no issues.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

I received botox around 4 hours ago, got bad news and cried. Did I ruin it? sarahollinson West Palm Beach, FL 19 hours ago

Emotional effects do not decrease the potential BOTOX results in any way. But best to return to the doctor injector after 3 to 5 days to be re evaluated.. 

Crying after botox injection

The results of botox injections should not be effected by crying.  It will take about one week to see the final results regardless.

Timothy Connall, MD

Crying 4 hours after Botox treatment

Crying 4 hours (or any length of time) after a Botox treatment would not affect the results.  You do not have to worry, because you did not ruin it.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon