Is it common putting tape on injection site after Restylane in tear trough.

Why would a plastic surgeon put tape below eye area after administering Restylane in tear trough. Is this standard?

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva, Ta

I have never heard of putting tape over a Restylane injection site, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done, as long as your results are good. Please call your practitioner if you feel uncomfortable. Best, Dr. Emer

Tape after injection of Restylane

Thank you for sharing your concerns. It is not common to use tape after the injection of Restylane into the tear troughs. You should ask your doctor why he placed the tape. It is not likely to cause any problems.  Good luck,

I have not heard this technique being used for injection under the eyes, but if the results are good, why would it be improtant

As long as the results are excellent, the doctor may use any technique to get there. many of us have our own way of doing things. I don't believe that should be a problem for you to get treated or judge that the injection technique is not good. As long as the results are excellent, the doctor can use any technique they believe it gets them there. 

Tape after Restylane

I would not say that it is "common," as I have never heard of it.  That does not make it "wrong" or even concerning.  One possible explanation could be that your doctor wanted to put a little bit of compression on the area to reduce swelling, but maybe he or she has another reason.  I would recommend asking your doctor directly what his or her rationale is for the tape.  In general, doctors have very good reasons why they do certain things and we are all different and have our own preferences.  This is not something that should be "concerning" to you and it is likely that it is even beneficial.  It is certainly not harmful, in any event.  If you get the answer from your doctor, please share it - maybe I'll learn something new!  Thanks for your question.

Tape after tear trough injection

Every doctor has his own finesse that he brings to the table and applying tape is just his way of protecting the area above and below the injection. it does not harm and is of no consequence

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Tape under eyes after Restylane

I don't use tape after filler injection.  You should speak to your doctor directly if you have any specific questions about your treatment.  I prefer to use a cannula for filler injections to the tear trough as this greatly reduces the risk for brushing and swelling.  Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Is that a common option following tear trough injections? I do not offer that option. But if your chosen injecting doc does ask him/her why???

Tape under eyes...

Thank you for your question.  Everyone has their own injection technique and pre and post procedure regiments.  While tape may seem a little unusual, the plastic surgeon most assuredly has a method to their madness, likely this is an attempt to keep the swelling to a minimum as tear troughs in particular are an area known to swell tremendously.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Tape after tear trough injection

I, personally, have never seen tape placement after doing filler in the tear trough.  That being said, the best person to ask would be the injector as I'm sure they have a good reason for doing it.  They must have given you instructions as well in regards to the tape, so I'm sure that you could call their office and find out what the rationale is for the tape. Best of luck.  I agree with what others have said as far as what could be the possible reason for it...but best find out from the source.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tape placement after restylane?

I have never seen tape placement after filler to the tear trough.  However, every physician has a different technique and may have a rationale for it to help with swelling or bruising.  Some physicians will use topical arnica patches.  Give the area 10-14 days to see full results from the treatment.  If you are not satisfied, restylane can easily be removed with hyaluronidase.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon