What would you recommend for my under eye issues: sun spot, crepey skin wrinkles, and tear trough hollows? (photos)

I'm 33, medium brown/tan complexion, the rest of the skin on my face is youthful looking, but underneath my eyes the skin is dry, kind of stretchy/loose, with fine wrinkles from squinting and/or sun damage. I have one prominent sunspot under my right eye which I want removed. What products or procedures would address these issues? I'm thinking Restylane for the tear troughs, but are there any creams or lasers that can help the sunspot/wrinkles (especially considering my hispanic skin tone)?

Skin Health Rejuvenation in a Hispanic with sun exposure

Dear SD_ED:Thanks for these photos. You would require a consultation from a Board Certified Dermatologist to evaluate the skin laxity, tiny skin vesicles and pigmentation as it relates to your hispanic background and sun-exposure.If normal skin is found and you wish to rejuvenate or improve your skin tightness and color eveness, consider:
  • Obagi, ZO Skin Health
  • Sculptra
  • IPL laser. 
I hope this helps. All the best!

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

the under eye does best with lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Eyelid skin and circles

Thank you for your photos! Restylane can defininitely improve and treat some of your concerns. One thing to keep in mind is that although Restylane is a great filler if used correctly, it may not completely fix that pesky skin discoloration under the eye. Dark eye circles that form under the eye can be from shadowing due to age-related contour irregularities and these can usually be improved with Restylane. You may also benefit from an eyelid lift to help reposition your eyelid fat and remove some loose extra skin which is causing the wrinkling. A quick test to see if this may help is to use a finger and sweep your eyelid skin to the side and up to the corner of your eye. If you feel you have a dramatic improvement, you may do well with surgery instead.  For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee, MDPlastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Treatments for around the eye

Having Hispanic skin tone puts you at risk for hyperpigmentation issues, especially with lasers. Asians often have the same problems. You can spot treat sunspots close to the eyes, but it needs to be done conservatively with someone who is very experienced with your skin type and periocular area. I would recommend things like chemical peels and microneedling to address your needs which are safe for all skin tones without risk of hyperpigmentation. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon