Is there a non-surgical procedure to reduce a prominent chin? (Photo)

Will Botox work to reduce the chin and make it appear smaller? Thank you

There is no non-surgical procedure for chin reduction

Unfortunately there is no non-surgical solution for chin reduction. Dermal fillers can be used for chin augmentation for people with a chin that is too small. Botox can be used on the chin to help with wrinkles or dimpling sometimes seen in this area. To make your chin smaller I recommend consulting with a facial plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Encino Physician

Botox is typically used to relax facial muscles,
not decrease the size of a feature. Currently, we have Kybella, an injectable
used underneath the chin to decrease the amount of fat that is stored there.
The injectable, Kybella, uses a fat busting enzyme also found in the liver to
rid this area of fat. This permanent removal of fat decreases the appearance of
a “double chin”, which depending on what you were looking for could make a chin
appear smaller. Otherwise, currently there are not any other non-surgical
procedures available to decrease the size of one’s chin.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Chin Reduction -- NON Surgical Alternative? Botox

There is no alternative non surgical option to reduce the chin but botox to the muscle of the chin but the chin itself is not reduced in size.  I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is there a non-surgical procedure to reduce a prominent chin?

Unfortunately, at this time, there are no non-surgical treatments to reduce the chin area. Just remember that chin reduction may not be the best treatment for you if the proportions of your entire face was analyzed. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin reduction for the prominent chin.

Chin reduction for the prominent chin. there is no non surgical way to do this. This is an operation that we frequently do for chins that project too far etc. See a very experienced surgeon who does this frequently for the best results. 

Chin procedure

Unfortunately, I do not know of a nonsurgical procedure that can reduce the size of the chin. However, combination treatment with Botox and fillers in the hands of an expert injector can be used to address symmetry and proportion issues on the face and this can create the illusion of a smaller or more appropriate chin.

Prominent chin and non-surgical procedure

I see this is an resubmitted question with more photos. To properly evaluate the chin, a full side view of the forehead, nose, ear, chin, and neck is helpful. An in-person examination of your chin to feel for muscle mass on your chin may answer your question better.
Best regards

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon