How long will Botox last in chin?

I got botox in my mentalis muscle in chin but I don't like it. It looks bigger now and I already have a long face. I'm not sure how many units she put in my chin but she put 20 in my jawline,DAO, and chin all combined so I'm guessing it wasnt that much. she told me botox around the mouth doesn't last very long only 6 weeks (she said to be honest its a waist of money) but I see other doctors on here saying it lasts the regular amount of time (3-4 months). please help thanks

How long will Botox last in chin?

Hello

We answered your wonderful question in the video above.

Please consult with an accredited, board certified surgeon. It is all about designing the perfect plan for you and your body!

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

- Dr. Constantino Mendieta

How long does Botox last?

The effect of Botox lasts 3-4 months, and during this time the muscle will be relaxed and become slimmer.  The strength of the muscles treated, patient's physiology, and the dosage of Botox used can all factor into the time a treatment lasts.   If you'd like to see if you can extend the time between treatments you can try increasing the dosage slightly, or trying Dysport. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox in the chin

The mentalis muscle is the muscle on the chin that can cause dimpling or an orange peel appearance when it contracts. The name of the muscle comes from the famous statue of a man thinking with his chin on the back of his hand, "The Thinker" by Auguste Rodin. Botox for the mentalis muscle in the chin reduces dimpling in the area.
Botox along the jawline is also known as the Nerfertiti lift, from the wife of the Egyptian pharoh with a long neck and defined jawline. Botox here relaxes the muscle that pulls down the jawline and can provide an improvement in the jawline definition.
The DAO (depressor anguli oris) is a muscle that pulls down the corners of the mouth, which can give a sad face appearance. Botox treatment here can elevate the corners of the mouth by a millimeter or so.
Dosing of Botox in the lower face is generally much more conservative than that in the upper face. This is because the muscles are smaller, there are other nearby muscles that need to remain intact, and overtreatment can lead to undesired results such as drooling or an asymmetric smile. Since lower doses are used, the duration of action may be decreased.
In the upper face, most people enjoy the results of their Botox treatments for 3-4 months, but this varies from person to person. In areas such as the underarms, some people enjoy their results for over six months.
I recommend consulting with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox and Results

Botox results can be seen typically between 1-2 weeks and results last 2-4 months. Please see a board certified dermatologist for treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox lasts the same regardless of location of treatment

Was your treatment performed by a doctor? was it a board certified dermatologist, facial plastic or general plastic surgeon? You were misinformed as Botox does not last longer or become more potent dependent on the location of treatment.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in chin

Regardless of the site of injection Botox injections will last between 3-5 months. Be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

How long will Botox last in chin?

Botox should last 3-4 months. You had 20 units placed in multiple areas and could have received a small dose to your chin. Worst case scenario the effect will be resolved by 3-4 months. 
Stephen Weber MD, FACSDenver Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long does botox last

Botox typically lasts 3-4 months.  Sometimes if the dosing was very minimal it can last less than 3-4 months.  Regardless Botox will always wear off and your face will return to how it looked originally.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox injection to chin

The results will last 3-4 months although you will see some recovery of muscle function before then. I disagree with your injector. In the appropriate hands, Botox injection into the muscles around the mouth and along the jawline is a powerful tool in helping us physicians treat vertical lip lines, down turned corners of mouth, a cobblestoned chin, and skin laxity along the jawline.