Am I immune to Botox? Or just getting ripped off?

Four different cosmetic offices put botox in my forehead. Not one treatment worked for my horizontal lines even with follow up. The 11's area worked only until the 4th doctor I'm trying and now 20 units in my 11's didn't work when it did before...am I immune to botox all together? Is this possible? It's all about what time of the week a bottle of fresh and potent botox is open and ready for customers to come in for and I come late every time. Am I right in my thought that I'm getting ripped?

Immune to Botox?

It is fairly uncommon to be immune to Botox. it is possible that you are receiving too small of a dose for the strengthen of your muscles. 

I'd recommend booking an appointment with a highly skilled and qualified injector to ensure that you're receiving the best treatment possible. 

Take care. 

Unhappy after Botox injections

It is not clear why you are not achieving the outcomes you would like for Botox injections. It may be that you simply require a higher dose. 4 etched lines fillers and Botox today. Be required. I would suggest consultation with a highly experienced physician who can help sort some of these issues out.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

More

You probably just need more. 20 units is a fairly low dose. If you like your surgeon, speak to him or her about upping the ante. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

You might need a bigger dose of Botox

20 units of Botox into the "11s" is typical low dose that works on most women, but you should try higher doses if you find no effect with lower doses. The forehead sometimes requires multiple rows of shots to generate smoothness if there are many lines.

Not enough Botox

20 Units is a very small dose.  You probably need more.  I have one patient with very thick, hyperactive frontalis muscles and deep "11"s that likes a full 50 units in that area!  She doesn't get much result from less.

Julia MacRae, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Not responding

It is very rare for someone not to respond to Botox.  Perhaps you have been going to spas and they are not injecting enough Botox.  I would suggest you consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with Botox.  Best, Dr.  Green

Botox issue

I could not tell unless I tried the botox I use on you. If you didn't respond, then perhaps you have a resistance to it.  Best of luck.

Am I Immune to Botox?

It is very rare for someone to be immune or non-responsive to Botox.  The problem with Botox is that it is expensive.  If you are going to spas or offices where it is inexpensive, you are probably not getting much Botox and are being underdosed.  To sort this out you should go to an expert injector and try one more time.  If you do not respond, then I would recommend trying Xeomin.

Botox Resistance

You may need more than 20 units to your 11 lines depending on the degree of muscle activity and severity of your wrinkles. Also, if you have lines at rest then the Botox will not be able to completely get rid of them. Some people do have resistance to Botox. If you do not respond at all to increased doses then you may want to try Dysport or Xeomin. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Botox

Either you are not getting enough Botox or it does not have the intended effect on you. Also, it will not take care of static wrinkles that are there when your face is at rest. Fillers or laser resurfacing is needed for those.