Can I go to the tanning bed after Restylane injections? Will it ruin the injections?

Can I go to the tanning bed after Restylane injections?

Going into a tanning bed after Restylane injections will not ruin the injections in any way, however tanning beds are damaging to the skin and increase the potential to develop skin cancers. I would recommend using a topical tanning lotion instead.

Tanning after Restylane injection

Hello, and thanks for your question. This will not affect your Restylane, but will age your skin and increase your risk of developing skin cancer. Please consider alternatives such as topical tanners. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Tanning won't hurt your filler but will damage your skin

Tanning beds should have no effect on your filler.  However, tanning beds are about as bad for your skin as smoking is.   The increase in loss of elasticity and collagen and damage of the skin is only one aspect.  There is a significant increase in melanoma due to tanning beds.  Find a good topical tanner or seek out a good airbrusing salon.  Save your skin; you only get one set.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and Tanning Beds

While tanning beds will not melt your filler, it will however age your skin the most. If you are looking at ways to treat your skin with fillers now then you would be doing real harm to sit in tanning beds.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your query. Tanning beds should be avoided for atleast a month after restylane injections as they emit heat which can met the filler. After 45-60 days you can do tanning. Hope it helps.
All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Tay Away From Tanning Beds; Won't Melt Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, Belotero)

Please don't use a tanning bed. They are unhealthy, will damage and age your skin, and increase your chance of skin cancer. They will not melt dermal fillers. Best, Dr. Emer

Thanks for your question and I think from the other answers you are learning that board certified dermatologists and plastic surgeons never recommend that anyone use a tanning bed – not even once.  You are getting injections to improve the appearance of your skin.  Tanning beds use harmful light which will only damage skin at an accelerated rate making it silly for you to even consider this. If you need a tan, use the self-tanners – this will do better for you.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Tanning bed and fillers

A tanning bed will not impact filler placement.  However, tanning beds can increase your risk of developing skin cancer.

Tanning beds

There is never a reason to go to a tanning bed. it is the most dangerous thing ever invented as far as the skin and your general health is concerned. Just a few of the problems: malignant melanoma, cataracts, ages the skin much faster than the sun and they are dirty. just stay away

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Tanning bed and Restylane

The good news is that a tanning bed (or any form of sun exposure for that matter) won't affect your Restylane injections. The BAD news is that tanning beds aren't good for much of anything. Exposing your skin in a tanning bed increases your chances of developing skin cancer, not to mention it speeds up the aging process resulting in more wrinkles and brown spots! Skip the tanning bed and get a spray tan instead! Best, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon