Is it safe to get pregnant after a fleur de lis tummy tuck?

I had the gastric sleeve surgery in 2013 and ended up with a picc line and a peg tube. I suffered from extreme dehydration and vitamin deficiencies. I lost 140lbs the first year and 50lbs the next year. I was left with severe sagging. I recently got a fleur de lis TT. I felt it was necessary because my skin hung so low; my stomach covered my vagina. As well as new self esteem issues. I want to start a family and was wondering about possible risks or complications with pregnancy due to the TT

Pregnancy after surgery

Hello,  thank you for your question.   If you get pregnant after having fleur-de-lis Tummy Tuck your baby will find the way to make room inside your belly.   The results of your surgery will be affected by this issue and you will probably need a revision in the future.  

Safety of pregnancy after a tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.   Congratulations on your recent weight loss.   Additionally, congratulations on your determination to feel better and remove the excess skin  after your extreme weight-loss.  In my opinion,  overall you are going to be a much healthier person and your pregnancy will be a much healthier pregnancy for you and the child.  You may experience some additional stretch of the skin however this problem is a minor concern considering what you have gone through to be a healthier person.   Best of luck with your upcoming childbearing and healthy endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon