I am 12 weeks post tt and my swelling is driving me down . Any suggestions?

I am 12 weeks post tt and my swelling is driving me down :( my surgeon is 6 hours away and seen my medical dr and the ultrasound showed very small fluid ! They don't want to drain it!they are afraid of infection ! Now it seems more? And I am back to work !! Is this normal ? Should I let my body absorb it like they said ? My surgeon said just a general dr could drain it ! But now I'm afraid of Infection ! Just getting really anxious now. Thank you

Some swelling is normal

As you increase your activity after a tummy tuck, it is normal for the tissues to swell, especially near the incision. As long as there is not a large fluid collection, there is no need to drain it. I recommend wearing light compression during the day (spanx/girdle) as this will help with the swelling.

Covington Plastic Surgeon

Post operative swelling

Your swelling doesn't seem to be excessive and should go away with time.  If the ultrasound only shows a small amount of free fluid, then most of your swelling is in the tissue and couldn't be drained. It will have to be absorbed with time.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon