What is the downtime for fillers like Juvederm or Radiesse used to enhance cheekbones? (Photo)

I am thinking about getting fillers like stated above to enhance and make my cheekbones higher. What's the downtime process? Will I need to pause any activity? When will I see the "final results"?

Downtime With Fillers

The beauty of dermal fillers is that there is no downtime! There are some patients that are easy bruisers and may develop some bruising, but the majority of patients experience no bruising. There may be some minor swelling in the treated area, but with a little ice, will generally go down the same day. You will not need to pause any normal activity unless that is something that you choose to do. Final results typically take up to two weeks to see. Some patients see it faster, but that varies from person to person. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area, since this is a technique that does require advanced injection training. 

Best of luck to you!

Downtime after cheek filler injections.

Most patients have mild swelling and a few transient needle stick bumps that might be noticeable to others the same day.  In reality, most patients resume work and normal physical activities immediately after their treatment.  The likelihood of bruising is lessened by avoiding blood thinners (common ones are aspirin, advil, motrin, alleve, ibuprofen, naprosyn, Vit E, etc....) but the natural appearance of the result is seen about 10-14 days after injection.  Highlighting the cheek bone is done mostly with deep injections so the likelihood of a bruise or other visible sign is pretty small.  

Enjoy your treatment and the change in your face but please avoid over doing it!  It's easier to add than to take away.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Typically no down time for fillers

Other than potential for a little soreness, swelling or bruising, there is no real down time. You may resume activities and work, but it is wise to consider backing down on aerobic exercise for a day or so. I don't ask my patients to stop aspirin (and I personally accept a little bruising when I have filler injections... doesn't really stop me from my work). Everyone has their own threshold for appearances. Final results are approximately 1-2 weeks depending on the level of bruising and swelling. Best wishes!

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

The wonderful thing about fillers is that there is no downtime.  The procedure is done in the office and you can resume your normal activities that day.  There may be some residual swelling and occasionally bruising from the treatment.  That will resolve over time and you will be able to see your final result by two weeks, although you'll be able to see at least part of the result immediately after treatment.

Camille Cash, MD

A Cheeky Question

There is no real down time after fillers, though you may experience some swelling for 1-2 weeks after your procedure, but then you'll have your final results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Filler down time

Majority of the time there is no down time with fillers.  You have to be prepared in advance by not taking any medication such as fish oil, omega-3, Motrin, Advil, aspirin etc.  Minimize alcohol intake or exercise as well.  The swelling after fillers can sometimes be obvious and it is not a good idea to schedule a special event immediately after the fillers. 

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek fillers

There should be no downtime after having a procedure like Juvederm in your cheeks- mild bruising and swelling could occur- but easily covered with makeup.  You can exercise 24-48 hours after injections.  I always find the final results of juvederm is about 2 weeks.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

What is the downtime for fillers like Juvederm or Radiesse used to enhance cheekbones?

There is no downtime required for having fillers placed in the face. Juvederm is not a recommended filler for the cheekbone area. I would look into either Radiesse, Voluma or Restylane Lyft. Keep in mind with any injection that there is always a risk of bruising and swelling for the first few days and up to 2 weeks. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Cheek enhancement with fillers

There should be no downtime with cheek fillers. Juvederm is not the product for this area. Radiesse is a good choice as is Voluma, Bellafill, Restylane Lyft, and Restylane. I use cannulas for this so bruising and swelling are minimized. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

There is almost no downtime associated with fillers. Some bruising and swelling may develop from these but usually full activity is ok by the next day.