Can I use a pillow with breast holes for a B+BBL recovery?

I'm trying to make sure I get the best results with a comfortable recovery. So since I'm getting both a breast augmentation and bbl at the same time, I was advised recovery on my sides would be the best option however I don't think that would be very comfortable and I'm also scared that it impact my final results . if I use one of these pillows to recover in or sleep in would it affect my implants?

Too risky

Sounds like a risky proposition to me and is the reason that both operations should not be performed at the same time.

Thank you for the question. Your surgeon is the best person to answer your questions. He/She will make sure your recovery is optimized and give you the correct advice.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Post-operative pillow selection

There are a number of post-operative pillows for both the buttocks and breasts on the market today. It is important that you review these options with the surgeon who is performing your procedure to make sure it will not affect the results from the technique they are using. Hope this helps!
Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Sleeping Position Post Op

The various details of your specific procedure and your Plastic Surgeon's preference will be deciding factors. I recommend that you discuss this directly with them as they know your situation the best.
Take care

Best advice

You should discuss your post-op positioning concerns with your plastic surgeon. He or she will likely have a routine that works and is most appropriate for your situation. Understandably, sleeping on your side may be uncomfortable, but sleeping on your chest after breast augmentation may cause other problems such as incision breakdown, implant malpositioning, blood or fluid collections; all of which would be preventable. It would be wise to switch positions if you can while laying down, or prop pillows under your knees and low back to "suspend" your buttocks off the mattress.Good luck!

Breast augmentation post op care

Thank you or your question.  This device is something I am not familiar.  The best advice is to always consult with your operating surgeon first when it comes to post operative instructions and care. 
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

I routinely do breast augmentation with buttock augmentation by fat transfer as I think you have described you are planning to do, and I have never even heard of such "pillows".  I would never recommend to a patient to be "face down" (prone position) after breast augmentation, because I think there is more risk to the breast than the buttock for postoperative swelling and even bruising/bleeding. I would ask your plastic surgeon specifically about this, but I would tend to say no on that pillow.  I typically have my patients on their back with some gentle elevation with supportive pillows and maybe one pillow under the knees.  I recommend to "rotate" the pressure off of the buttocks every 15 minutes as possible for the first week after surgery in general.  I also do not like breast augmentation patients to be "on their side" after surgery as I think that is not the ideal position for recovery of the breast.  In some cases, if the "body position" of doing two procedures planned to be done at the same time compromises one or the other, then I recommend doing the procedures separately.  I would again ask your plastic surgeon about this specifically.  Good luck!

Ask you surgeon

I really think the answer depends on several factors like what size breast implants and how much fat transfer will be done.  Implant type might also be important to consider.
I would ask your surgeon.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Boppy Pillow after BBL and Breast Aug

Breast augmentation is frequently combined with BBL but it does make it tricky for patient's to get into a comfortable position. Many of my patients use a boppy pillow under their lower back so they can keep their butt elevated off the mattress while still laying on their back in bed.  Ask your surgeon if this is an acceptable method to keep pressure off of your butt while you're recovering.  Good luck with your upcoming procedures!

Ian Lonergan, DO
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon