Bruising with mini CoolSculpt?

I am having mini cool sculpting on my under chin area next week. I am worried about bruising or redness as I am going on a work trip the next day. Is this common?

Bruising with CoolSculpting mini

We have had very little issues following the mini treatment. Most common side effect was a little soreness and numbness. No one had significant bruising.  You should be fine to go ahead with the treatment. If there is any doubt or concern, wait till after the event. 

All the best
Dr Soni

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Bruising after cool mini

Immediately after the cool mini to the submental area you are red. This usually resolved within 1-2 hours honestly. I believe you leaving on a work trip the following day would be fine. However you may feel a little numb and sore, sometimes a small amount of discomfort swallowing. Our submental clients report minimal issues following treatment. 

Timothy Treece, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Bruising from CoolMini

Most people have redness in the area immediately after treatment, but it usually fades and goes away completely in a few hours at most.  Bruising may occur in the area, but is not as common on the submental area.  If bruising does occur, it usually lasts a few days to a week.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Bruising With CoolMini

Redness is common after any CoolSculpting treatment, including the CoolMini for the chin. This usually gets better within a matter of hours. Some people may develop some bruising which may last about a week. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Bruising from Cool-mini

You can have some bruising from the Cool-mini but it generally will not last more than one week.  If you are concerned you should make sure that you have the procedure at least one week before any event and not take any blood thinners for two weeks before the procedure.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting

It is unlikely but possible to bruise with Cool Mini.Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Bruising with mini CoolSculpt?

Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may experience some bruising, swelling, numbness, and redness in the area. These side effects usually subside within 2-3 weeks. You should be fine to go ahead with the treatment, however, if you are worried about the side effects you may want to wait until after the trip.
Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting Produces Very Minimal Bruising

Generally speaking, treatment under the chin with the CoolScuplting applicator is rather well-tolerated among most patients, and bruising is minimal. In the unlikely event that any discoloration is present, you'll be able to easily conceal it with makeup. Good luck with your treatment!