When will swelling and pain go away after coolmini on the chin?

I had a coolmini treatment on my chin a week ago and my skin, jawbone and chin are skin very sensitive to touch and very sore with any pressure applied. My skin also feels "paper smooth" rather than normal skin with texture. Is this normal? And when will this subside?

Swelling and soreness is normal after coolmini.

What you are experiencing is normal after coolsculpting in your case with coolmini. There will be swelling , soreness and numbness after the procedure, but it will subside in a 1-2 weeks. Please consult with your doctor. Best, Dr.Green

Coolmini pain and swelling is temporary

Like Coolsculpting perfomed in other areas of the body, the pain and swelling from Coolmini should abate after a few days, although sometimes it can last 1-2 weeks.  If you find it intolerable, I would contact your provider for some pain medication.  A nerve pain medication called neurontin or gabapentin can be helpful.  After the pain and swelling subside, you may be left with numbness in the treated area, which may last 3-4 weeks.  The paper smooth texture you are feeling is also related to the swelling in the area and should subside with the rest of the symptoms.

Coolsculpting on Neck and Pain

It takes weeks for the swelling and pain to go away in most instances. I suggest venus legacy treatments and lymphatic massage to help.  Oral neurontin and diuretics can help as well. Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling After CoolSculpting The Chin

There will be some numbness, swelling, and soreness after CoolSculpting treatments and this includes the chin area also. The degree and duration of this varies from person to person. In general, it can last an average of about 2 weeks. Make sure you follow up with your treatment provider.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Swelling and pain

Thank you for your question. What you have described seems to be normal. The swelling and pain should subside after a week or two. If you feel that it hasn't or if you are concerned, speak with your chosen provider.

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting for Chin

These seem to be normal transient sensations from your CoolSculpting treatment.  In our clients at Lipo Spa, we've found that these symptoms can last for 1-3 weeks.  Since everyone's different, it's hard to tell.  If the symptoms last for longer than 3 weeks, follow-up with your local provider.  Best of luck, Doc Halliday 

Douglas Halliday, PhD, MD
Syracuse Facial Plastic Surgeon

Side Effects of CoolSculpting

If you look at your take home guidelines, swelling and pain can usually last up to a few weeks.  The degree of swelling and pain can vary from person to person, but a week after treatment is still normal and doesn't seem like anything to worry about.  If pain and swelling persist after two weeks or worsen, consult with your doctor to make sure everything is okay.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD