10 days post op full tummy tuck and lipo to the back (contouring). (photo)

I'm worried that my back needs to be redone seeing this last night has really depressed me it doesn't really look much different that it did pre op. Will this mess change or do I need to have it redone?

Too early to say

I think you need to be a patient patient. 10 days is way too early to try to guess about your ultimate result. I generally tell patients that they'll see about 70% of the improvement within the first month but even that number isn't definitive. Good luck.

Too early to say

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Abdominoplasty questions

10 day post-op is way too early to judge results.  Please follow your doctors instructions on garments, compression and wound care for your desired outcome.  Wait atleast 3 months to review results with your surgeon and that is the early results review.  Ideally wait atleast 6 months for the first post-operative pictures.  Good luck!

Abdominoplasty questions

Post-Op Healing and Potential Revision

Revision surgery is unusual but may be desired for several reasons. Most revisions should be done after 9-12 months.  One cause for revision surgery are “dog ears” at the ends of the incisions. These are small folds of excess skin that do not flatten over time.  They can be excised, suctioned or both.

Scars may widen or continue to be red and elevated.  These may require laser treatment or injection with kenalog and 5-FU.  Excision and reclosure may help some scars. Other treatments are available as well.

Excess fat or loose skin may require liposuction and skin excision to obtain the best result. And, it is always good to remember that swelling can remain for several months after surgery, so if you have concerns about the healing process it would be good to make an appointment with your surgeon to have the area examined and make sure healing is progressing well. Good luck.

Post-Op Healing and Potential Revision

Redone?

It is much too early to consider revisin liposuction for your back and flanks. Swelling and apparent asymmetries may persist for months and then resolve. Wear your compression garment religiously and I suggest you see your BCPS as soon as possible to discuss your appearance, prognosis, and massage protocol. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Redone?

DrBurnett#realself100

10 days post op full tummy tuck and lipo to the back

Assuming your goals are realistic, you should know if you are reaching them in about 6-8 weeks, but not in 10 days. It would be nice if bodies healed that fast, but that does't happen.

Healing takes time

All healing takes time.   To worry at this early stage is of no value.   Go to your surgeon and get a review.   You need to be patient.    My Best,  Dr Commons

Healing takes time

Ten days is much too early to judge the results. It takes time for swelling to resolve. Give it at least 3 months. 

Early results after TT

Postoperative swelling can significantly change early postoperative result. Give it at least 3 months before you start critically evaluating true result of your surgery. Keep in touch with your surgeon and discuss your concerns and options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Early results after TT

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Body Contouring

At 10 days out, you are very early in your healing process with lots of swelling.  Your shape should change significantly in the next few months.  I would continue to follow closely with your doctor and follow their recommendations.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Body Contouring

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon