What is the max size of the new IDEAL implant?

I currently have 450/500 silicone implants and I would love to go larger 800-1200 range depending on PS recommendation for my frame. I know that silicone caps off at 800 and saline doesn't limit the size however it compromises the feel of it. Therefore I would like to know if I decided for the IDEAL implant would I be able to go XL? Or is it limited in size as silicone?

Ideal implant versus saline with large volumes

For women looking for very large implants (800-1400cc) I have used saline implants with very nice results.  I also use Ideal implants, but the volumes are less due to the fact that the shells or baffles on the inside could be compromised with excessive amounts of saline.  For those women with the very large saline implants, they still have a soft feel to them because of the overlying muscles and breast tissue.  

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Max implant size

Hello and thank you for the question. If you are referring to the new baffled multilayer saline implants, IDEAL go up to 675 cc . That would not be a huge increase in size if you are considering 800+. 

Although the design looks intriguing, it is a more complex implant and the general rule of thumb is that the more complicated something is, the more likely it will break down. 

I would warn you that very very large implants carry their own risks / complications. Many women who do this, will wind up needing additional surgery in the future to correct the sagging weight, stretched out skin issues. 

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Size

Very large implants typically do not do well over long periods of time. The tissue tends to thin, and the breasts sag. Large saline implants may show ripples easily as your tissue is stretched to accommodate that size. Also, large implants may be very heavy on your neck and shoulder. I would suggest discussing sizes with a board certified plastic surgeon. Please do not go larger than what your frame and tissue will support.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

IDEAL Implant Max Size

Thank you for your question. The largest size the ideal implant comes is 675cc and can be filled to a maximum of 755 cc. In my experience with Ideal implants, they have a feel similar to silicone and have a low rate of rippling and are all saline.