What cup size will I be? Could 535cc UHP cause future problems? Will I develop CC again? (photo)

I got a capsulectomy on 10/26/16 and exchange. I had grade 3 cc in my right breast. I had 397cc MPP,  smooth round, unders. This time I went with 535cc UHP, textured, under the muscle. I asked to be a DD but my doctor just said "we'll see". He was more concerned with what would fit my frame. Do you think I'm a DD? I want to look like the Hollywood chicks with big boobs, how many CCs are they normally? Since the type and plcmt of the implant changed, has my chance of CC decreased? Signed, Pleased

What cup size will I be?

Great questions you ask. It sounds like you surgeon has your best interest in mind. Sometimes the implants can be way too big for your frame and it sounds like that was the deciding factor for your surgeon which is the right thing to do. If the implants are too large they will harm the breasts long term. I fell often times patients get too focused on cup size. It really only matters how you feel about the way you look when you look into the mirror. If you like you breast size and shape cup size is totally irrelevant. There is such thing as an implant that is too big for your frame. You look amazing!

Sincerely,

DrRickAZ

Questions about new implants

Thank you for asking about your new breast implants.

• You have very large implants so I think you achieved your goal.
  • There is no size implant that celebrities get - it is usually the largest that will fit.
  • Your risk of capsular contracture should be improved with new implants in a new position.
  • But capsular contracture is a risk with all implants and it may return. 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Contracture and size

I would agree with your surgeon in placing a textured implant under the muscle would give you a better chance of not having a recurrent capsular contracture. As far as size of bras, this is so variable due to the many manufacturers and countries of origin of bras. The ultimate size of the bra will be determined by the overlying size of the breast, plus the size of the implant, and how these two relate to the chest wall. So far your result looks nice to me. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

No good correlation of implant size to cup size

Cup size depends on the dimensions of the chest as well as the volume of the breast, which is in turn dependent on the breast tissue plus the implants. If you have UHP implants that fit the base diameter of your breasts, then that is a large as you can realistically go without risking significant long term problems. Under muscle implants might be less likely to develop CC.

Richard Baxter, MD

Development of contracture is hard to predict

Thanks for your question and the photo. Congratulations on your surgery. Looks like you have a great result. Ultimate cup size is determined by the bra that fits you best and that you are comfortable with. Regarding the potential for more contractures, having a large implant actually increases those risks. Placing a dermal matrix like Strattice might be an option if this reared its head again. Hopefully all will go smoothly. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

What cup size will I be after breast surgery?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure; although your curiosity is understandable, there is no way online consultants will be of precise help to you.  There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. For example, I do not think that the generalizations of "200 cc equates to 1 cup" hold any validity or are helpful in any specific or practical way. 

I suggest that you wait to evaluate the final result/size of the surgery (and go bra sizing/shopping)  when you are about 6 months to a year out. I would also suggest that you do not base your satisfaction with the results of surgery on a specific cup size, given that this is somewhat arbitrary and dependent on who makes the bra (and who does the measuring).

Hopefully you will  enjoy the outcome of the breast procedure (regardless of specific cup size  achieved).