Sagging and loose skin after Voluma and Hyaluronidase. What's my best option? (Photo)

I had a large amount of Voluma injected in my cheekbones 7months ago & hated the result,the doctor promised to give me a model look and instead i looked horrible.I tried to stay with it but i couldnt so i had hyaluronidase 2 weeks ago to dissolve,now my skin appears sagging and lost all elasticity which makes me look chubby whearas i had a slim face before,Im doing some facial exercise to firm up the skin as i cant stand my appearance now.What should i do?Radiofrequency?Laser?Cheeklift?thank you

Not all of the Voluma is dissolved

Hi AF.06,

Your face looks puffy/chubby, than it is saggy.  It is hard to dissolve all of the filler in a single session.  If you have had many syringes it will likely take multiple sessions to wash out most of the Voluma.

Don't compound the problem with additional treatments when you may not have fully reversed the Voluma treatment. 

The benefit of using a hyaluronic acid filler is that it can be dissolved. Since you are young, your skin should be quite elastic and snap back similar to a young person who was overweight and got into great shape. 

Dr. Yang

P.S. If you find my answers or other doctors answers to questions are helpful, please +1 those answers to push up the better answers to the top, which helps others who read the same post, get to the more helpful answers first.

P.P.S. There is a new feature on Realself, which is the "Follow" button. It is similar to the "Like" button on Facebook. If you like my response or any of the doctor responses while you research on Realself, you should "Follow" them. You will get email updates, when the doctors you follow post any new answers to questions, post new photos, or have any new reviews.

Sagging and loose skin after Voluma and Hyaluronidase. What's my best option?

Thank you for sharing your questions and Voluma experience. I would recommend allowing your face to fully heal after dissolving the Voluma as you likely have some swelling and water retention taking place.  At a month after treatment reevaluate your cheek and skin quality to see if your results improve.  If you continue to have the sagging present, better placement of a dermal filler would likely help improve your results.  Seek a second opinion by a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes. 

Dissolving Voluma

The skin on your face doesn't look saggy. It looks puffy which could be because it takes more than one session to dissolve the Voluma. I would advise you not to have anything else done until you've finished healing from the hyaluronidase. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Skin and Voluma

You probably still have some Voluma left in your face and I would definitely recommend a skin tightening procedure like Thermage to help with the skin sagging. Please consult a specialist for the correct placement of Voluma and your injectables as well.  Best, Dr. Green

Sagging Face -- Fillers/sculptra, Thermi, Thermage/Ultherapy/Venus Legacy, Viva Resurfacing; Neck/Face Lift

There are many ways to tighten the skin. I suggest you see an expert to evaluate you in person and determine the best treatment combinations for your individual goals.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Voluma for cheeks

Hi
Thanks for the question.  Based on these pictures its hard to tell whats going on as they are low quality photos.  Also, is the before picture before treatment or before dissolving the Voluma?  

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Sagging cheeks

I recommend that you go see and expert in cosmetic dermatology to discuss your options. It looks to me like perhaps some volume in your cheeks could restore your look. There is an art to the injections and not all doctors have the same aesthetic. Because you didn't like it before is not an indication that you will not like it this time.  Skin Tightening procedures such as Skin tight and RF are very subtle in their results.