8 months after beard transplant and still redness, pimples, and a raised layer of skin? (Photos)

8 months from beard transplant in a developing country. Has been healing but now healing has slowed and still a lot of redness-most of the recipient area (mustache) is raised above the rest of the skin where hairs were transplanted. Is there something I (or a doctor) can do to smooth down this seemingly extra layer of skin? Can I expect the redness to continue to fade with time as well as the raised layer of skin? Going to see my doctor is not an option as I now live in Vietnam. Thanks!

Redness Pimples from beard HT

You should make an appointment to see the physician who performed your bear transplant. You possibly have folliculitis that can be treated using oral antibiotics or topical meds. If you cannot get back to the transplant surgeon, then definitely make an appointment to see a dermatologist.

Hot Springs National Park Dermatologic Surgeon

It is not normal to have redness and bumps after 8 months. You should contact your doctor even if your doctor is not local

It is not normal to have redness and bumps after 8 months.  You should to contact your doctor even if your doctor is not local.  You can also see a local dermatologist for skin issues.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness, pimples, and a raised layer of skin

beard transplant healing is almost over after 8 months! Redness and small pimples on transplant area may be related with new regrowing hair and  just needs hot compress plus a steroid cream application to that area locally ...

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Problems with beard transplant 8 months after

If you have problems with beard transplant 8 months after your procedure, you should go back to your surgeon and ask about the problems to see what your doctor has to say. I can not tell over the internet

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon