Can Veneers Widen a Smile?

I was wondering if Veneers can Widen a Smile, in other words broaden my smile. When I smile you only notice my teeth from Canine to Canine (6 teeth) on top. I was hoping that Veneers could make my mouth look fuller, similar to a celebrity smile where your able to see around 8-10 teeth?

Veneers Can Broaden Your Smile

You would require 10 porcelain veneers to give you that broad beautiful smile you desire. However, chose your dentist wisely. Look for someone with lots of experience and training. See his photo gallery of similar cases. If you shop by "price" only, you will get what you pay for!

Can veneers widen my smile

What you are looking to accomplish can be done with 8-10 veneers depending on how many teeth you show when you smile.  We are filling the buccal corridor during this type of treatment. 

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Dentist

Porcelain veneers are an excellent way to create a wider smile!

Narrow arch form often creates a dark area on the sides of the mouth known as the buccal corridor which is next to the bicuspid teeth. I often minimize this by creating a "wider smile" by building out the buccal (outside) surfaces of the bicuspid teeth with porcelain veneers. There is a limit as to how much can be built out without creatign a periodontal (gum) concern or too much overjet as opposed to the lower arch. In severe cases, orthodontics may be a consideration.

Can Veneers Widen a Smile

Absolutely.  The side teeth can be built our with veneers to give you a broader smile.  It is a very common condition for many people and creates a great result.  Your other option would be to have orthodontic treatment to expand your arch.

Veneers can widen smiles

A very common goal with veneers is to widen the smile.  The number of veneers needed is dependent on each patient, but expect to veneer at least 8 teeth, perhaps 12.

This is called "filling in the buccal corridor".

Your smile

Absolutely! I'm so glad you asked this question! We get many patients that come in for smile makeovers with the idea that 6 veneers will do the trick. This is not the case. When considering beauty and ideal aesthetics, a broader smile and less "dark space" visible in what we call the buccal corridors of the smile are considered more aesthetic. This is accomplished with 8-10 veneers depending on your individual smile. This is a super important concept in smile design! Best of luck and follow us for more information!

Victoria Veytsman, DDS
New York Dentist