Chin lipo? Or Buccal fat pad removal? (photos)

Based on my pictures, which procedure would give me the kind of results I'm looking for? (Or something else?) I'm seeking to reduce that fullness in my lower cheeks and define my jawline better. I actually have a heart (some say diamond) shaped face, because my cheekbones are the widest part of my face and I have a slender jaw and kind of pointy chin, but it always just looks round and fat to me. Thank you!

Chin lipo? Or Buccal fat pad removal? = plan C and D might be needed #buccalfatpadremoval #chubbycheeks

Achieving a thin, defined and chiseled face requires to address multiple factors, specially in patients with large faces that might have some over weight.

The factors that need to be addressed to achieve a chiseled face generally are:

-Overall body fat: weight loss to achieve a normal or low normal weight for the height ( normal BMI) is a must.

-lower cheek fullness: these could be addressed surgically with buccal fat pad removal

-anterior and lateral cheek bone projection: lack of cheek bone projection requires either cheek implants or soft tissue fillers like voluma

-Saggy facial skin: young people usually doesn't have saggy facial skin However,

Patients interested in achieving a chiseled facial appearance with plastic surgery should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face

Chin Lipo versus Buccal Fat

There are several ways to create a thinner face which include neck liposuction and buccal fat removal.  Both of these techniques can help thin your face and depend on the overall desired look.  Consider the expertise of a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who specializes in faces to help you to see what procedures are helpful in creating a contoured in look.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reshaping the cheeks and lower face

The optimal way to reshape a person's face is different for everyone, since the underlying skeletal framework varies so much from person to person. In your case, to narrow the lower part of the face as much as in the simulation would probably make it look out of proportion, and may not even be possible. Without altering the jawline or chin, removing the buccal fat pad would give the cheeks a much nicer, less full contour and would give your face an overall much nicer shape.

Malik Kutty, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Buccal fat removal

In my experience you are better off with a chin lipo to contour your face and reserve a buccal fat removal for afterwards if you do nt get the result you want. Buccal fat removal results are a lot more subtle than you would think or want!

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon