Facelift - Who are the country's top 3 facelift specialist?

Facelift Specialists

There are many excellent plastic surgeons well qualifies to perform facelifts. 
The following are some questions you can ask to help you find the ideal plastic surgeon for you. 

• 1. Where did your doctor attend medical school?
  • 2. Was it a top tier medical school?
    3. Did your plastic surgeon receive training from a prominent medical university?
  • 4. How many years of formal surgical training did they receive?
Certifications and Memberships
  • 1. Is your doctor a member of Alpha Omega Alpha?
  • 2. Is your doctor Board Certified?
Before and After Photos
  • 1. Does your plastic surgeon have a number of quality photographs of the procedure you are considering from three different perspectives and are all of the photos of work performed by your surgeon?

• 3. Do all photos have consistent lighting, cropping, and position
  • 4. Does your surgeon have previous surgical patients you can speak to?
Surgical Facility
  • 1. Is surgery performed in an accredited facility?
  • 2. How is my privacy protected on the day of surgery?
  • 3. Does a board certified anesthesiologist administer anesthesia care during surgery? Does the anesthesiologist remain at the bedside of the patient for the duration of surgery?
  • 4. What other medical professionals are part of the surgical team?
  • 5. At what local hospitals does your doctor have privileges to practice?
Additional Questions
  • 1. Does your surgeon really listen to you and understand your goals?
  • 2. Do you feel comfortable and confident with your surgeon's staff?
  • 3. After a consultation did you feel pressured in any way to schedule surgery?
  • 4. What is included in the price of surgery? 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Finding The Best Facelift Surgeon

Start by asking the 3 Magic Questions: 1. Is this an operation that you perform frequently and how often do you perform facelifts? 2. Do you teach, speak, or write about this procedure for the benefit of other plastic surgeons? 3. Do you have long-term follow-up photos for this procedure? Your surgeon must have the Experience, Expertise, and can show you Exceptional results. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with expertise in facial rejuvenation. #plasticsurgery#drrodrohrich#facelift

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

What is a "top surgeon" in the US?

Defining who a "top" surgeon is for a particular type of surgery can be difficult.  Remember that the vast majority of  board certified facial plastic surgeons or plastic surgeons are excellent at what they do.  The US has an excellent credentialing process and ensures that board-certified surgeons excel at their specialty.
A few things to keep in mind:-The "top" surgeons you may see on TV or in magazines are often established through connections or paid advertisements.  While they are all most likely excellent surgeons, they are not the only "top" surgeons to consider.-All surgeons perform certain procedures more than others.  Talk to your potential surgeon in consultation and get an idea of how many facelifts he/she does per year.  For example, one plastic surgeon may perform 10 facelifts per year, while another performs more than 100 per year.-Think of a "top" surgeon more as "the best surgeon for you."  This depends a lot on things like good communication, personal service, attention to your specific needs, and availability both before and after the surgery.  You can learn about these things with a good, comprehensive consultation with a potential surgeon.-Price of the surgery does not always correlate with quality of surgeon.  Patients will pay a premium to have their surgery in big markets like NYC or Beverly Hills.  You can often get an equivalent surgery (or better) in other cities in the US and pay less.-The best and most honest ratings and referrals are by patients!  If you can, talk to a surgeon's recent patients and get an idea of what the experience was like.
The remainder of factors to consider are well described by other answers here.  Finding a "top surgeon" is all about determining what factors are most important to you and discussing those during a one-on-one consultation.
Best of luck in your decision.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. There are many well-qualified and phenomenal facial plastic surgeons here in America. You can find the top surgeons in your area by researching surgeons who are single/double board certified, and have outstanding credentials including, training, education, number of procedures performed, specialty, patient testimonials, and before and after photos.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

WHo is the best?

Although I can not answer this question directly, I can give you some info. I posted a link below to choosing "the best" surgeon. 

There is also another article on this site. Hopefully it helps,

Dr James Bonaparte

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last). The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure. When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

I had the honor of being voted one of the "World's Best Facelift Surgeons" by Tatler Magazine.

Hope this helps.