The following are some questions you can ask to help you find the ideal plastic surgeon for you.
- 1. Where did your doctor attend medical school?
- 2. Was it a top tier medical school?
3. Did your plastic surgeon receive training from a prominent medical university?
- 4. How many years of formal surgical training did they receive?
- 1. Is your doctor a member of Alpha Omega Alpha?
- 2. Is your doctor Board Certified?
- 1. Does your plastic surgeon have a number of quality photographs of the procedure you are considering from three different perspectives and are all of the photos of work performed by your surgeon?
- 3. Do all photos have consistent lighting, cropping, and position
- 4. Does your surgeon have previous surgical patients you can speak to?
- 1. Is surgery performed in an accredited facility?
- 2. How is my privacy protected on the day of surgery?
- 3. Does a board certified anesthesiologist administer anesthesia care during surgery? Does the anesthesiologist remain at the bedside of the patient for the duration of surgery?
- 4. What other medical professionals are part of the surgical team?
- 5. At what local hospitals does your doctor have privileges to practice?
- 1. Does your surgeon really listen to you and understand your goals?
- 2. Do you feel comfortable and confident with your surgeon's staff?
- 3. After a consultation did you feel pressured in any way to schedule surgery?
- 4. What is included in the price of surgery?