Best option to lighten/remove the mole/freckle on the tip of my nose? (Photos)

It wasn't on my nose 4 years ago and it keeps growing and getting darker. Is laser an option, or minor surgery? Thanks for your help. It's right on the tip of my nose, which I happen to like a lot (the nose not the mole) and I worry that a scar there would be worse than a dark mole. Thoughts?

Mole removal on the tip of the nose

You may qualify for a non surgical mole removal or surgical hyfrecation of the mole. The tip of the nose does not respond well to surgical excision. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Laser is Definitely an Option!

This can be removed with either laser or biopsy, and if done by a cosmetic dermatologist you will likely have a very little spot if not one at all.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Zapping dark spots helps lighten them up a lot.

Zapping dark spots with either a laser or electro fulguration will lighten dark spots up enough so they will be barely there but will be needed to be done usually a couple of times then yearly.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon